We made it! We finally splashed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChristineKling

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Möbius
Vessel Make
XPM 78-01
It was a big day for us here in Turkey.

In the footer of our website there is a counter of the number of days since we started the build here. It was day 1052 since we started and our beloved Möbius finally launched. Still lots of work to be done, but she is floating. And we found ourselves dock mates with a bunch of police boats, and we fit right in - just how we like it.

Check it out.

PXL_20210219_115719585.jpg

PXL_20210220_114210047.jpg

Well done, it looks to be in good company at the dock!

James

Wow! Gorgeous and stunning! Congratulations!

What is the speed at WOT?

Dandy!! What an exciting day. Good for you.

Anticipation

Reminds me of that song By Carly Simon Anticipation. Congratulations on the splash. The journey begins.

What an incredible yacht. Hope to see a tour of the interior soon.

I, too, would design a boat to fit in with the working boats. Congrats!

Looks fantastic.
I wish you and your mate many happy hours, weeks, months and years on the boat.

Congrats! That fine looking craft looks like it's ready to take on anything the sea can throw at it.

Aaarrrrhh, that there's nay a boat - that there's a ship..! :thumb: :D

Wow. Big day after a lot of anticipation and planning. And a spectacular result. Congratulations.

A momentous occasion, to be sure! Congratulations! We'd love to see photos of the interior, too.

That looks pretty darn awesome!

Exciting! I’m ready for the cruising blog.

Congrats! I am guessing from your background that your vessel will not be tied to the dock much and will have many thousands of miles under its keel. Safe travels.

Edit - looks like you have an SC30 Sat Compass on top of your arch. They work great.

Last edited:
My boat splashed last August after a 20 month refit, which of course seemed forever. I know how exciting a splash down can be. And then 20 minutes later after the boat entered the water, during its first sea trial, the boat hit a log..... !*&%#! Fortunately there was no damage.

What is the speed at WOT?

Sorry to be so slow to reply to this. It has been a hectic couple of days to say the least. We expect the boat to do something like 11 knots at WOT. We have some bugs to work out with the Kobelt steering before we can do the first sea trials. We will report back when that happens.

If you would like to see all the stats on the boat, including all the equipment we chose to outfit her, we have a page on the blog called "The Boat." If you would like to check it out, click here:

Möbius: The Boat

Well done, it looks to be in good company at the dock!

James

Yes, indeed. It seems Arab Gulf country of Oman has ordered a fleet of these. There are several more in the Ares shipyard shed in various states of completion.

IMG_1192.png

What an incredible yacht. Hope to see a tour of the interior soon.

I, too, would design a boat to fit in with the working boats. Congrats!

Yes, we hope to be able to do an interior tour video, too. Right now most of the interior is still covered with protective cardboard while the work of commissioning continues. It will stay this way for several weeks, I expect.

But this process of bringing all the systems online is very exciting. Yesterday, we got all our solar panels online. Fabulous to watch all those amps pumping into the batteries from our 14 LighTec Solar Panels: 11X 320W and 3X 295W.

Awesome boat, congrats and I'm jealous.

Sorry to be so slow to reply to this. It has been a hectic couple of days to say the least. We expect the boat to do something like 11 knots at WOT. We have some bugs to work out with the Kobelt steering before we can do the first sea trials. We will report back when that happens.

If you would like to see all the stats on the boat, including all the equipment we chose to outfit her, we have a page on the blog called "The Boat." If you would like to check it out, click here:

and for those who want a construction interior tour....

You sure do know your boat!!!

New Boat

Absolutely fantastic. Have fun.

Impressive specs in the blog. What are your intentions for cruising?

Congratulations Captains Christine and Wayne!! I've been following your blog for almost 1052 days (!) and have been impressed with the challenges, solutions and ingenuity of the build. She's sure got the Goldilocks "just right" features and equipment.

It must have been quite memorable sleeping aboard that first night in the harbor. Wishing you both many, many years of enjoyment and exciting travel adventures! A big pink hat tip to both of you!!

Bravo Zulu!!

Attachments

• Pink Hat.jpg
    Pink Hat.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
and for those who want a construction interior tour....

You sure do know your boat!!!

I propose that you change the name of the "guest" cabin to "H2O_Doc's" cabin. :socool:

I was impressed with the boat looking at a photo, but now I'm absolutely infatuated after looking at your equipment list.
The Gardner, the cruising range, the battery/solar setup, 26mm tempered glass, paravanes, the workshop etc etc :smitten:

btw - we are another couple that also met in Fiji for our first date almost 40 years ago.

Last edited:
26mm windows? That's more like it! Even better than the 19mm ones of the Dashew fpb boats.

Back
Top Bottom