How hot is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
With temperatures nearing 100 here in the Galveston Bay area, I've turned the hot water heater off. The water coming out of the shore water hose is darned HOT in the afternoon, and warm in the morning. Ironicallly, the only "cold" water on the boat is from the turned off hot water heater, since it's a tank down in the relatively cool bilge.

I put a tarp over the upper deck, roll down plastic shades around the walkarounds, and spray the dock and boat down several times a day with the water hose. Water's free, electricity isn't!

It's so hot, I think I could clean the boat with EZ Off Oven Cleaner!
Clothes dry instantly outside.
After rain, it ain't "dry" heat any more!

How hot is it where you are?

Since Marin is off on vacation, I'll try to keep up his chant.......

The PNW is currently experiencing an unusual heat wave. The temperature is in the mid to upper 80's each day. Couple this unusual heat with the constant rain and wind and you get humidity approaching 110%. Yes, the raindrops are actually sweating! The blowing steam is causing a large amount of damage to the boats moored here.

The additional humidity is causing all the logs and debris piled on the beaches from our huge tidal exchanges to actually slip down the beach and back into the water, exacerbating the debris fields in the open areas. This is leaving the nude beaches (nude as in without flotsam and jetsam, sorry to disappoint) with unhealthy amounts of dead and dieing sealife who thought they were safely nestled in the debris normally piled high on the beach. Most poeple are wearing filter masks to avoid the smell. Some have taken to a little aromatic balm on the upper lip to deaden the sense of smell.

Many recreational boaters are reporting making detour routes of up to 3 day trips to get around the most dangerous areas of debris. Some of the smaller San Juan Islands now have debris dams spanning the gaps between the islands. These blockages are causing the normally treacherous tides to re-route themselves in an unpredictable manner. Several small islands have experienced tsunami like waves when the dams suddenly burst.

The marinas are all reporting no open slips available as most boaters are unable, unwilling or too smart to chance leaving the dock. Watching the emergency cameras on the most treacherous spots of travel, reveals only one or two boats being able to successfully navigate the waters each day. Emergency rescue services have taken out ads in all forms of communication begging for volunteer responders to help save as many foolhardy boaters as possible. Some injured persons have been on the beach for as long as one week before the authorities could remove them to safety.

We welcome your prayers and donations to the relief effort. As with all emergencies of this nature please be sure to send your monetary donations only to bona fide agencies. ( yes you read right, we don't want your used clothes and blankets, we want cash money ) To help you in this matter I have provided my address for ease of getting the money to those who want it the most. Please donate as much and as often as you can. You can rest assured by reading my report above, that I will put your money to good use as I would never mislead you.

Ken

Bastards!
smile.gif
LMAO!

Keith, there is a water rationing plan in effect now in League City. I would imagine you could be fined if "they" saw you spraying down your boat.

www.leaguecity.com

-- Edited by Baker on Friday 3rd of July 2009 11:46:36 AM

Well they are washing boats all day, every day here. The restrictions are for that. I'm just wetting mine down!
smile.gif
Or maybe I could say I'm watering it. No restrictions against watering boats that I see.

-- Edited by Keith on Saturday 4th of July 2009 09:04:57 AM

Back
Top Bottom