Forum server instability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
I have noticed that the server hosting the forum is losing its stability. Quite often when loading a post to read or when submitting one I get a "connection was reset during loading, try again" message. It often takes many tries, and usually requires backing out of the forum site altogether.

When this sort of thing occurs I tend to question my own equipment or connection first. But every time this happens, every other bookmarked URL I have opens just fine--- Google, Grand Banks Owners Forum, Seattle Times, Weather Underground, etc. Trawler Forum is the only URL that ever displays this problem.

Also, it happens with equal regularity on my Mac at home, on my PC at work, and on my iPad everywhere else (including China, Charleston, and London) and it makes no difference if I'm connected via landline, via wifi in a Beijing Starbucks, or via AT&T 3G here at home. It happens with Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and MS Explorer.

My dog knows more about computer connectivity than I do but it would appear that whatever the problem is, it lies with the Forum's host.

PS-- In fact it just did it again when submitting this post. All my other URLs opened just fine.

Last edited:
Greetings,
All A-OK here on east coast. Did have connection problems before I switched over to Firefox from Google. Also had other issues with Google as well.

I suppose it could have something to do with my forum account, too. But this is far outside my realm of knowledge.

What's interesting is that when I get the "connection reset" message, if I immediately open another browser--- Safari, Chrome, Explorer--- on the same or a different computer, I get the same "connection reset" or "no data available," or whatever if I try to open the Forum.

So whatever it is, it's happening at the Forum end.

Last edited:
I don’t have/see the problem you described.:confused:

Might be compatibility issue/setting with your internet explorer. In Windows explorer under TOOLS, lower right side of screen, under the drop box is COMPATATIBLITY SETTINGS, added trawlerforum.com to the list.:thumb:

Last edited:
Marin,
I am not sure as I am no server expert at all but I have never had the sequence of events you described happen to me here on TF. I am using a mac with safari browser and never had an issue connecting or posting.

It does it on every browser I use--- Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Explorer. It does it with MacOS, Windows XP, and Windows 7. It does it on our home Earthlink connection, the Boeing internal ISP, and on every hotel, airport, and coffee shop wifi system I've been in on the planet lately. It does it on landline, wifi, and ATT 3G connections.

Of the hundreds of URLs I use every day using several different browsers TrawlerForum is the ONLY one that ever experiences this "connection reset" problem. And when it happens, it happens on every browser and every computer system.

The more I think about it the more I think it has something to do with my account at the Forum but that's as far as I can go with the troubleshooting.

I have experienced similar issues as Marin is describing sporadically. I-pod with Safari and app, Android app, home LT and at work too.

As I say, sporadically and non predictably. As in Marin's case all other url's are not affected and load fine. I thought it was on my end as well for a while but it has repeated across platforms for the past several weeks.

Ghosts in the machine...

I get the "connection was reset" notice occasionally,a number of times each occasion. The connection is not lost. Using Mozilla on a PC. BruceK

Ok.......it just happened on the Mac using both Chrome and Safari. Spoke too soon and jinxed myself!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
I am using Google Chrome and get and "unable to connect" message from Chrome at least once every TF session lately. Refreshing the connection does not resolve it and when I go to other sites they work and when I come back to TF is does not. Then, usually within a few minutes, TF works again.

It appears to me to be a TF problem as it has never occurred on any other site.

Never had this problem either. Firefox/W7/Stinkpad and iPhone app.

I have used Firefox,Aurora,and Chrome to access the forum today without issue.

Another sporadic issue on the Android app is photos fail to appear. In threads not avatar pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom