Negotiate or Not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:thumb:

It sounds like a big can of neglected worms. The price you pay for it is not the issue. It is the Total Cost of Ownership. They build boats every day!:banghead:

Well kind of. I took 6 days of negotiations on ASD. I looked at the surveyor's report then did my own survey and found some stuff the surveyor missed.

For me, it was more important to get things fixed than reducing the price as we were sailing ASD north.

Wifey B: I hate saying this because you seem so emotionally invested in the boat, so this song might fit here.

Yes, nickel and dime down the seller's asking price. Like buyers" are expecting a brand-new boat. (Yes, there are some defects, but the boat is decades old and the asking price is a small fraction of the original cost, adjusting for inflation.)

Wifey B: I hate saying this because you seem so emotionally invested in the boat, so this song might fit here...
How to know, OP hasn`t posted since Feb 2. Are you getting PMs?

Personally I don't try to nickel and dime the seller when I am buying something. I know ahead of time what I can spend and make a fair offer. This goes a lot further in getting small things fixed that will inevitably come up. I've been on both sides of this and was more than happy to fix an issue on a boat I was selling when the buyer offered my asking price. I stand by my earlier comment (not originally mine) that the best sale is when both the buyer and the seller feel they got a good deal.

Thank you to all who have responded. I did walk away from this deal .I want a turn key boat with nothing to fix thats major issues.

Thank you to all who have responded. I did walk away from this deal .I want a turn key boat with nothing to fix thats major issues.

Good luck with your search. I'm sure you will find something better. I also was looking for a similar boat when I purchased a few years ago. However, there is never "nothing to fix".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom