Hello From BC in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zercado

Hello from Vancouver B.C. Currently I have a 32ft sport fishing boat and am looking for a trawler. I am in a great spot in False Creek and am restricted to 36 LOA so my options are somewhat limited. I am looking for a newer boat ( 1999 and beyond) with a single engine, centreline berth, a separate shower and seating on both sides of the salon. We don’t go out a lot but we do use our boat regularly as a dockside cabin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to learning more on this forum. Thank you.

Budget? Welcome.

Forget the year of the boat, instead let the condition of the boat dictate your decision. A buddy just bought a 1990 Nordic Tug 32 (now called a 34). The boat is in very good shape and he did well in his purchase. So if you see a 1990 boat or earlier, check it out before you reject it completely. Some older boats are maintained very well, others not so much.

Sale pending on this one but deals do fall through, might be worth a call.

This Nordic Tug is listed at $189,000 so with money left over I'd do a few upgrades beginning with the cushions. I put all new cushions in my boat at I think it cost $3,500, had them done in Comox. This boat is listed at 32 feet, the same boat new today would be listed as 34 feet. I find the NT 32's to be quite roomy, might be all you really need.

https://ca.boats.com/power-boats/1999-nordic-tugs-32-7418388/

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Good luck in your search.

Welcome aboard from up coast a bit :thumb:

Welcome to the forum Zercado!!
I second the Nordic Tug 32 or the American Tug 34. Both good boats. Other good boats as well.

I suggest looking at other threads relating to boat search. Wants, likes, and do not want.

Good luck with your search.

Welcome to TF. We love pics! The Admiral and I love False Creek!!

Back
Top Bottom