2021 TF Gathering in SE FL: 02/17 - 02/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack - Steve. You will be missed sir. Next year.

Choices we will see you there. Not sure where we will meet: Gotcha, Slow Hand or at the clubhouse.

TF Rendezvous

Priscilla and I will be there for Saturday, and will be there for the barbecue.
Other nights as we are able.
We will be driving down from Titusville, as our starboard engine and trans have not yet been returned from their rebuilds.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
John and Priscilla Sage
La Vita Dolce

John thanks. We look forward to seeing you both again this year.

Looking forward to it. :)

Me - Thur
Me+1 - Fri & Sat

Maybe we will just hire an event planner.

WifeyB. Good thing you offered your assistance as I don’t have a clue what you are suggesting. I agree it is late this year but next year sounds great of course, by next year I will have forgotten this conversation or the rona may have gotten me.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Scott, I think we have our event planner. :)

Maybe we will just hire an event planner.

Wifey B: Well, I think you guys do a great job of somehow planning it all and figuring it out but could be helped a tiny bit by having everyone put their information in the same place so you could easily see who is doing what to whom and when. A little 21st century technology. :D

Not quite as excessive as we are at home where we have our own software where menus are posted for times friends and family are welcome and they sign up plus we have preference sheets from all and those are cross referenced. I blame all that on hubby plus having engineers around and an IT staff but it works amazingly well.

One thing this lil ole teacher has learned in the past year is the value of technology, never made so apparent as in a pandemic, for business and for schools. :)

WifeyB. Thanks, I need help in every phase of my life. ;)

RT. Nope, that’s what is causing my problems, women including incumbent wife! :)

Next year we want you here, no more excuses.

I love people who have never been to it and think there is any planning that goes on.

Other than picking dates and a few offering to host a dinner...there is really no planning.

I still remember the day Don and I stood on the dock and said we should have a rendezvous.

It grew to what it was mostly ad hoc with reactionary doing rather than planning as neither one of use thought f much more than buying some beer and a "door prize".

Fortunately Larry and Ted and of course the most of the most (Watfa and Irv) all stepped up and volunteered for hosting stuff...every year asking about how many would come to each night (not all that technical)...but beyond that and a few requests to go to a couple of points of interest...not much else.

Look back and look at the responses to those inquiring about places to stay, seminars, agendas....mostly comical replies.

So getting technical for now is like adding radar to a dingy.... if people want to organize...all they have to do is offer whatever they want to contribute...and it can be 5 minutes before it happens as far as past crowds were concerned.

If someone wants to take over as event organizer...have at it. But I think that fact that so little is formal is what makes it real. Been to and worked at trawlerfests...this is way better because it's smaller and people come without expectations.

We are using 21st century tech...we are on the internet and using smartphones. :D

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. B. "...including incumbent wife!"

iu

Scott. Your spot on but Watfa would like to have a number to cook, last year it was over 30 and stressed our galley. Some showed up that she hadn’t planned for, tough on her but she made it work, doesn’t effect me. Thanks for the compliment, we do it because we like the group, it’s our fun event of the year.

RT. She knows she is my IW and she’s on thin ice, I told her rather than divorce her I would just die, it’s cheaper that way. Divorces have cost me a small fortune, think of how many great boats I could afford. :)

Scott. Your spot on but Watfa would like to have a number to cook, last year it was over 30 and stressed our galley. Some showed up that she hadn’t planned for, tough on her but she made it work, doesn’t effect me. Thanks for the compliment, we do it because we like the group, it’s our fun event of the year.

RT. She knows she is my IW and she’s on thin ice, I told her rather than divorce her I would just die, it’s cheaper that way. Divorces have cost me a small fortune, think of how many great boats I could afford. :)

I am just saying that in the past and I think this time you asked via this thread. If people are coming I would hope they check in to follow the thread and respond either here or PM.

If they don't, there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

I know you two are very accommodating but not sure the crowd needs babysitting.

Oh, they need babysitting, when guys loose shoes they need babysitting. :)

Courage and its two attendees will be at whatever is happening each of the four nights.

I love people who have never been to it and think there is any planning that goes on.

Other than picking dates and a few offering to host a dinner...there is really no planning.

I still remember the day Don and I stood on the dock and said we should have a rendezvous.

It grew to what it was mostly ad hoc with reactionary doing rather than planning as neither one of use thought f much more than buying some beer and a "door prize".

Fortunately Larry and Ted and of course the most of the most (Watfa and Irv) all stepped up and volunteered for hosting stuff...every year asking about how many would come to each night (not all that technical)...but beyond that and a few requests to go to a couple of points of interest...not much else.

Look back and look at the responses to those inquiring about places to stay, seminars, agendas....mostly comical replies.

So getting technical for now is like adding radar to a dingy.... if people want to organize...all they have to do is offer whatever they want to contribute...and it can be 5 minutes before it happens as far as past crowds were concerned.

If someone wants to take over as event organizer...have at it. But I think that fact that so little is formal is what makes it real. Been to and worked at trawlerfests...this is way better because it's smaller and people come without expectations.

We are using 21st century tech...we are on the internet and using smartphones. :D

Wifey B: Wasn't talking planning but just responding to the post here trying to find out who was in for what meals. That always seems to be a big issue and google forms is just an easy way to collect such information. Sorry to intrude on your little club. Wasn't wanting to plan and wouldn't dare, just offering a tool for collecting info that OC Diver was looking for, that Irv is always looking for and often you're trying to find out who is coming or not. Wouldn't dare interfere with your beerfest. :rolleyes:

WifeyB. Thank you for your help but it isn’t our club it’s everyone’s, nobody is in charge and like Scott states it just happens and somehow it has worked out. It would make it easier for Watfa to meal plan for people who show up.

Thanks

Wifey B: Wasn't talking planning but just responding to the post here trying to find out who was in for what meals. That always seems to be a big issue and google forms is just an easy way to collect such information. Sorry to intrude on your little club. Wasn't wanting to plan and wouldn't dare, just offering a tool for collecting info that OC Diver was looking for, that Irv is always looking for and often you're trying to find out who is coming or not. Wouldn't dare interfere with your beerfest. :rolleyes:

Another assumption...but thank you.

Thanks Dick for the heads up.

WifeyB, appreciate your recommendation for technology! I think what Scott was saying is that spontaneity and hap hazzard informality has kept expectations low which usually equals "the doing was better than the expectation".

Other than Irv and Watfa night, low expectations has been well received and probably better than over planning and failed expectations.

Simply put, with the correct head count, I should be able to order the right number of pizzas.

Ted

Last edited:
Ted it’s Watfa’s night, I’m a guest who eats.

Don’t forget you need a head count for the prizes to be awarded. :)

Irv, Ted, et al,

So sorry Jewel and I won’t be there this year. And I had this special rum already picked out and ready to go! So sad.
IMG_0572.JPG
[emoji51]

Car Dude. You can stay home with the pink rum, send Jewel. :)
Sorry you won’t make it.

Car Dude. You can stay home with the pink rum, send Jewel. :)
Sorry you won’t make it.

IMG_0573.JPG

Can’t believe y’all were just humoring me to be able to hang out with Jewel. [emoji30]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom