Hyd steering shop recommendations Puget Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pacific Myst
Vessel Make
West Bay 4500
I'm on Whidbey Island and looking for recommendations for a good hydraulic shop not too far away to rebuild the steering ram, helm pumps and maybe the autopilot pump.

Ram and helms are 38 yr old Hynautic gear. The autopilot pump is probably the same age. It's branded a Wesmar but I'm pretty sure they didn't make it. Probably a Vickers or Sperry.

Thanks

I can't help you but there must be a shop in Ballard that does this type of work, with all the commercial boats there. Maybe Sure Marine or Fisheries could give you a referral. Or the hydraulics shop at LFS in Bellingham.

There are many. The trick is finding one that is available. Just Google and start calling. The hydraulic guys all know each other and they will direct you to some back ally shop that few have ever heard of. Or call Yacht Performance, a first class boutique yard in the U distric and ask Tony who he uses.

I would look for the closest fishing village and ask the captains for help!
Good luck,

Harbor Marine ....
Everett. Hope Mike is still there.

Give Skagit Hydraulics in Burlington a call. 360-755-1111

Nomad & Russell, thank you. That's what I was looking for. Personal recommendations.

Follow up on hyd steering shop recommendations. I went with Skagit Hydraulics. Fast turn around, excellent service and a very fair price. 5 stars *****

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom