landlocked in Indiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richlinelwood

Hi, my name is Andy.
I have wanted to live aboard a boat, most of life. I was in a house fire two years ago and I'm disabled. My hobby was wood sign carving! Now I would like to live aboard a boat in the future. Thank you

Well coming on here might be a good place to start. Welcome to TF, and good luck with your dream. :flowers:

Thank you
I lived on the ocean in California in my twenties. Now I'm 56 and ready to have a second career. That's more a life style. Actually, I'm an abstract artist! Andy

Welcome to TF Andy. There's a broad range of contributors here. Working a liveaboard plan is achievable and there are many twists between dream and reality. Having adapted to a disability, I'm sure you're no stranger to overcoming challenges.

Abstract artist? We have a LOT of abstract people on this forum. Not sure about the artist part. If you also paint, I'm thinking a cool paint job reminiscent of the airliners Peter Max was commissioned to paint back in the 70s.

Peter

Andy!
I began this boating journey in KY and eventually made it to the coast and began to live these boat dreams.
It is ALL possible.

I know a guy, retired from a Cincinnati plant, boat a sailboat, cruised down the Ohio River to KY Lake, down to Mobile Bay and eventually to the NC
So landlocked or not....all things are possible with dreams.

I wish you well.

Tim

Welcome!!
I am sorry to learn about your disability, as a result of a house fire.

I will be bold enough to ask, what type of disability and to what degree.
Basically, if you are confined to wheel chair, your options are greatly limited, when it comes to boat choices.
Can you get on and off the boat and live independently? Can you use stairs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom