Princess 3 burner electric stove replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainship Mike

Veteran Member
Looking to repair or replace the Princess 3 burner electric range on our 400 Mainship Trawler. The radiant flat cook surface had a crack when we bought it and the cover is missing. I think it is model 3347 but wouldn't mind either the 3342 with coils or 3343 solid disc. We really like the cover with cutting board as it extends counter space. I have checked for new or used replacments for marine or RV to fit asa direct replacement but nothing has the cover.

Force 10 has a drop-in replacement for the 110 volt 3-burner Princess with oven. I did this some years ago. Very happy with the result. Sure Marine in Seattle is a dealer for Force 10.

Too bad you're in NY.. I have one I am selling. Works perfectly, but the "boss" wanted a "pretty" cooktop... :( ~$1,600 later I lost that argument!!!

Have it listed for $350 but would take any reasonable offer...

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 34
BTW, have you checked Sure Marine (here in Seattle) I believe they still carry all the parts...

Force 10 has a drop-in replacement for the 110 volt 3-burner Princess with oven. I did this some years ago. Very happy with the result. Sure Marine in Seattle is a dealer for Force 10.

We did the same. Along with the stove you have to buy the insert bracket too. Here is a pic of mine:

Attachments

• IMG_8984.jpg
    IMG_8984.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 47
Looking to repair or replace the Princess 3 burner electric range on our 400 Mainship Trawler. The radiant flat cook surface had a crack when we bought it and the cover is missing. I think it is model 3347 but wouldn't mind either the 3342 with coils or 3343 solid disc. We really like the cover with cutting board as it extends counter space. I have checked for new or used replacments for marine or RV to fit asa direct replacement but nothing has the cover.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/seaward--princess-three-burner-electric-range--183535 Is the original stove

There does not appear to be any of those brackets / braces that hold pots in place. Is that so, or just not shown?

I am replacing mine with a gas version and its for sale. Let me know. I'll make sure it all works. I just bought this boat and am doing some refits.

There does not appear to be any of those brackets / braces that hold pots in place. Is that so, or just not shown?

Called "sea rails". They are not included.
Do a Google search and you can see what's available. You may have to modify them a bit and drill a few holes but, they should work.
Not sure if is safe to put a pot of stew on and walk away from the stove.

Last edited:
Called "sea rails". They are not included.
Do a Google search and you can see what's available. You may have to modify them a bit and drill a few holes but, they should work.
Not sure if is safe to put a pot of stew on and walk away from the stove.

The gas stove I bought does have both a sea rail as well as 3 pot clamps. I'll include those with the electric stove as my 1st mate will not be cooking while under way. Also these were usually on sailboats as they tend to lean over while under sail.

The gas stove I bought does have both a sea rail as well as 3 pot clamps. I'll include those with the electric stove as my 1st mate will not be cooking while under way. Also these were usually on sailboats as they tend to lean over while under sail.

and sailboats may have gimbal stoves too.

IF your 1st mate is not going to cook underway, there is no need for sea rails.

Last edited:
Is this still available? What is the voltage? Wonder what it would cost to ship to NY any suggestions

Yes the electric stove is still installed and is still available.

I'm pretty sure its 220v.
As far as shipping cost you could look at the same stove on Defender.com and see what they charge for shipping. I might also suggest doing a social media search for any people driving to New York from Florida to see if they might be willing to transport. I bought a toolbox on Long Island and found a trucker driving to Colorado that offered to pick up and deliver for $150.
I could send stove measurements and maybe get a weight.

The Force10 electric is available and a direct replacement for the Princes. Slide out the Princess, slide in the Force10.
It is a “plugged” 120 volt stove.
The oven is “hot” and on mine, I lower the temp 25f
See if the. Neared Boat US or RV store has one in stock or can order one.

Last edited:
Yes the electric stove is still installed and is still available.

I'm pretty sure its 220v.
As far as shipping cost you could look at the same stove on Defender.com and see what they charge for shipping. I might also suggest doing a social media search for any people driving to New York from Florida to see if they might be willing to transport. I bought a toolbox on Long Island and found a trucker driving to Colorado that offered to pick up and deliver for $150.
I could send stove measurements and maybe get a weight.
You have any pictures?

Any experience with replacing a Force 10 3 burner electric 110 oven with a high end Air Fryer/Oven?

Any experience with replacing a Force 10 3 burner electric 110 oven with a high end Air Fryer/Oven?

IMO anything and every thing is possible if you have the space, voltage and amperage but my question is, is it worth the time and money.
I had Gand plans but in the end, I decide based on the limitations I hav, I will live with Princess/Force10 3 burner electric. It is far from the best solutions but, it works for me and others for years.

I have both on the boat now. Stove works amazingly well (Force 10, 3 burner 110V glass top) as well as a Chefman air fryer. When I redid the counters a few months back, I built a motorized rack into the unused (wasted) corner space. We LOVE our air fryer!!! :)
When not in use, you can't see it at all...
Left corner was also wasted, opened that up and added a "finger hole" and use it for paper towels & TP storage.
Right corner is where the air fryer lifts out of the corner space.

Attachments

• back splash.jpg
    back splash.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 13
  • full cleaned up.jpg
    full cleaned up.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14
  • demo 1.jpg
    demo 1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Right corner is where the air fryer lifts out of the corner space.[/QUOTE]

Now that is cool.

Chris

Alas, I have a 30amp boat and won’t support as much as a 50amp.
When I cook, I must watch the amp meter I had installed in the galley. When things “close” I have learn to do the “30amp dance” by load shedding. The first to go is the hot water heater.

Princess Stove 3 burner electric

You have any pictures?
Here are some pictures of the Princess stove I have. Still installed and no I have not yet cleaned it up.

Attachments

• Princess Electric Stove3.jpg
    Princess Electric Stove3.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Princess Electric Stove1.jpg
    Princess Electric Stove1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 10
  • Princess Electric Stove2.jpg
    Princess Electric Stove2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom