North Pacific Yachts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The somewhat similar(from the same factory) Clipper 40 sold in Australia has 13ft 3" beam. With twins, only the "thin" fit between 2 Cummins 5.9s. You access the engines from either end via dual entry hatches.

Np45

Hello, I am new to the forum and learning my way around but wanted to see if there are any North Pacific 45 owners out there and get your overall thoughts on NP. Looking at a new build and not seeing a lot of post in last 12 months.
Thanks.

Hello, I have a 2019 NP 45 and love it. Feel free to message me to discuss if you like.

We purchased NP4512 in 2020 and have been very pleased. Happy to answer any questions you may have. Also, there's a link to our blog in the Contact Info tab of my profile that covers some of the commissioning and maintenance stuff we've done.

I posted a lot when the boat was being built and we couldn't cruise - that dropped off once we could spend time on the boat ;-)

Last edited:
Hello, I am new to the forum and learning my way around but wanted to see if there are any North Pacific 45 owners out there and get your overall thoughts on NP. Looking at a new build and not seeing a lot of post in last 12 months.
Thanks.

I have a 2017 NP45. (to Bajarat) The beam is 13'8".

My neighbor has a Nordhavn 55. I've been in it and the woodwork looks like it was done in the same factory. That should give you some idea of the interior quality. A mechanic that I hired told me that the NP reminded him of a Nordhavn. I didn't respond to that so I don't really know what he meant by it. Another mechanic said that he boat oozes quality. LOL, I liked that comment. There is something about the brand that attracts a lot of attention and comments.

That said here are a couple issues hat I have with her but very few. After 3 seasons and 2000 nm:

1) The cockpit is a bit small and could easily be increased by reducing the size of the huge swim-step.

2) It is a tall boat and can feel a bit top heavy in a big beam sea but has never felt dangerously top heavy. I only noticed it once while making a hard turn and transitioning from a head sea to a beam sea. The waves ranged from 4-7 feet. For the most part she feels very solid. I also have a 600 pound RIB up top.

3) I wish the hard top was a bit bigger but that would add even more weight up top.

4) In big seas water can get on to the pilot house floor around the side doors. I think they forgot to put in weather stripping at the back of the pilot house doors. It should be an easy fix.

Things that I love:

1) The pilot house! Plenty of room for lots of electronics.

2) The floor plan

3) The large galley

4) The fit and finish

5) She sips fuel!

6) The over all design and aesthetics including the stainless steel trim around the windows

7) There is teak everywhere

8) The master bedroom with all the teak cabinetry and hanging locker

9) The beautiful head with the large shower with tile accent and the frosted heavy shower door.

10) Large lazarette and engine room

I'm always on the look-out for my next boat. So far I haven't seen anything that I want over what I have. Except the Nordhavns. I would love a Nordhavn 475. But I'd have to pay twice what I paid for my NP. Even if I bought a used 15 year old N47 it would cost me almost what I paid for the NP45 new.

You can't go wrong buying a Norh Pacific.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Trasea1,

If you are in the northeast I would be happy to show you my boat Datenight, 4514. We just took delivery this past June. I am in Groton, CT. Not sure which Southport you are in.

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom