Future trawler owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikavey

I think after looking over hundreds of threads the past several months it's time to introduce myself.

I'm Erika and I grew up boating with my Papa and Uncles in all of their various boats in the Puget sound. Truly my fondest memories. There were several boats but the ones that stick out were a 46ft ketch, a Jefferson Aft Cabin MY and an Eagle 53 Pilothouse.

Now that I have three young kids of my own, I want them to experience being on the water like I was able too. Convincing my husband it's a good idea is another story. He grew up fishing out of Elliot bay (Seattle) with his dad and his memories aren't as fond as mine.

I did convince him to put our names on a waitlist at a marina though, so thats a start. I have a few years to convince him all the money thrown at a boat is worth it. Happy wife, happy life, right?

Hi Erika, welcome to the Forum. My wife and I had some great times with our kids when they were younger. Putting your name on the wait list is a good first step.

start small, maybe he will see boating with you and the kids is a lot more enjoyable than it was with his dad. Good luck!

start small, maybe he will see boating with you and the kids is a lot more enjoyable than it was with his dad. Good luck!

Thanks! That's what I am hoping. I agree starting small is best, but with three kids and plans to overnight in the San Juans we can't go too small. We will have to get on board a lot of boats to see what we can all fit on comfortably.

Welcome aboard. Have fun during the search.

Back
Top Bottom