Managing Attachments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soin2la

Guru
If there is a way to delete stale/outdated attachments, I can't find it.
Can it be done?

If you report the post using the Triangle w/ Exclamation Pt at the bottom...
that will send a report to the mods.
Just add a comment requesting that the post edit be re-enabled so you can make changes.

The Site Team

Thanks Bacchus, but that sounds like a bother for them.

Bacchus IS a moderator ;)

If it were bothersome to fulfill the responsibilities of being moderator, we would not volunteer to be moderators. :)

Thanks Bacchus, but that sounds like a bother for them.
No bother we do it frequently when requested.
We are here to help... not just police as some believe.

Folks, I believe he is not asking about an individual post with an attachment, but his file of attachments.

If you go to User CP and click on "Attachments" you can see the list of attachments you have uploaded and the amount of space used.

But there does not seem to be a way of removing these.

I'm guessing that is not allowed as it may leave posts "hanging" if attachments aren't there.

Last edited:
Folks, I believe he is not asking about an individual post with an attachment, but his file of attachments.

If you go to User CP and click on "Attachments" you can see the list of attachments you have uploaded and the amount of space used.

But there does not seem to be a way of removing these.

I'm guessing that is not allowed as it may leave posts "hanging" if attachments aren't there.

I did the following:

1) Go to UserCP
2) In the menu bar (on the left) browse down to ATTACHMENTS
3) to the right of each attachment is a box
4) select one or more boxes
5) Scroll to the bottom of the screen
6) 'Click' the DELETE button

Is that an option for users, or is it only available for Moderators and Admins.

I agree, it would make existing threads odd and difficult to follow if the attached images were removed.

If this doesn't work, and there is a specific attachment that you would like to remove, then locate the post and 'click' the REPORT POST icon (exclamation point inside of triangle) on the post and submit it to the moderators who will be able to assist.

Folks, I believe he is not asking about an individual post with an attachment, but his file of attachments. But there does not seem to be a way of removing these.
Yes, that is what I was asking. I have and I,ve seen others, where an attachment has no relevance to the text and in many cases outdated. Just looking to do some clean up is all.

I did the following:

1) Go to UserCP
I see neither a box or delete button.

I did the following:

1) Go to UserCP

Is that an option for users, or is it only available for Moderators and Admins.

I agree, it would make existing threads odd and difficult to follow if the attached images were removed.

If this doesn't work, and there is a specific attachment that you would like to remove, then locate the post and 'click' the REPORT POST icon (exclamation point inside of triangle) on the post and submit it to the moderators who will be able to assist.

Just for you guys.

Yes, mass deletion of attachments would create havoc in the threads I suspect, and is probably not only unnecessary, but not an option. So, my advice, don't waste time worrying about outdated attachments. :flowers:

Here is a rare photo of the site team standing by to help us with our problems.

th

I wasn't aware of the change.

Ya, probably not the most endearing comment for a handful of the site team who are actually trying to help. But ok, whatever.

:confused:
So where is the line between acceptable and not acceptable, to you?
Or does the line shift according to whose name appears above an avatar?

:confused:
So where is the line between acceptable and not acceptable, to you?
Or does the line shift according to whose name appears above an avatar?

Neither. Maybe you didn't intend what you implied. Maybe I misunderstood the post where it looks like you were calling the site team of bunch of old spinsters.

Either way, I think you problem is solved. Feel free to reach out to the site team with questions or problems with the site, posts, threads, etc. :)

So there we are.
I could have, but didn’t, perceive GFC’s picture as portraying jackboots.

You could have, and did, perceive my picture as portraying old spinsters.

Both intended as amusing, but seen completely differently, depending on how one wants to see them.

Back
Top Bottom