Another Craigslist find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Interesting" & "a ton of work" both seem like understatements in this case! When a working VHF radio & magma grill are the main selling points on a wooden 50' yacht, it doesn't seem like it's got much going for it. :D

"Interesting" & "a ton of work" both seem like understatements in this case! When a working VHF radio & magma grill are the main selling points on a wooden 50' yacht, it doesn't seem like it's got much going for it. :D

No argument there! But if someone can get it for $5k then it gets very INTERESTING!!

LOL!!! :rofl:

Doubled its market value, though!:hide:

LOL!!! :rofl:

Doubled its market value, though!:hide:

I once looked at a 37'sailboat that needed work. That one would have cost at least $50 k to come up in value to $25k.

This one looks like it will take more, so I think the ask should be -$lots to be viable.

This fellow posted a number of times on the WoodenBoat Forum when ;he purchased it. It was a mess then and I guess still is :). Probably got tired of the amount of work and money needed to rehab it.

We know the generator 'needs work'.
I wonder if it will pass the survey???
No pics of the ER

In the words of my ex wife," It a firecracker boat. Paint it red, white, and blue. Then put a match to it."

Ted

Yeah, the guy is a total novice and bought it to live on. In fact he was going to live on it over the winter on the hard and do some type of rehab to it. It is an old wooden boat and certainly needs lots of work. I concur w/Chiropaul that he likely has either come up against some major repair necessary or simply figured out that all the repairs & maintenance it needs will break the bank and take the next couple of years or so. That being said he did cruise to Winterport ME from Albany NY with no apparent issues.

Yeah, the guy is a total novice and bought it to live on. In fact he was going to live on it over the winter on the hard and do some type of rehab to it. It is an old wooden boat and certainly needs lots of work. I concur w/Chiropaul that he likely has either come up against some major repair necessary or simply figured out that all the repairs & maintenance it needs will break the bank and take the next couple of years or so. That being said he did cruise to Winterport ME from Albany NY with no apparent issues.

No apparent issues because he ignored them and made it, this time.

What you guys think of the engine if itz any good

We know the generator 'needs work'.
I wonder if it will pass the survey???
No pics of the ER

Dan, c'mon.....Woody aside; A 1980 year 50 footer with a decent beam and a good pedigree. Do you really think my value of $5k is too much? Lol.

There's lots of other members on this forum with wooden boat's from the 60's and 70's! I always thought that the builder was the key..,.....No? Damn, woodies are a monkey wrench.

Dan, c'mon.....Woody aside; A 1980 year 50 footer with a decent beam and a good pedigree. Do you really think my value of $5k is too much? Lol.

There's lots of other members on this forum with wooden boat's from the 60's and 70's! I always thought that the builder was the key..,.....No? Damn, woodies are a monkey wrench.

Your $5K offer greatly exceeds my $5 offer and I would make that offer only after the sea trial was passed and the generator's problems were determined.

Your $5K offer greatly exceeds my $5 offer and I would make that offer only after the sea trial was passed and the generator's problems were determined.

Then I guess this is not the boat for you!:D

We can always use a donation for the burning of the Gaspee��

I would have to know a lot more about such a boat, the specific boat. Without doing so, I wouldn't take it if he'd pay me $5k to take it. There are so many variables and the costs could exceed the value, leaving you with just the cost of disposal.

Hmmm, I understand it is up north and it is winter and all that BUT?? On the hard? Anyone who expresses an interest in an old wooden 50 footer in the winter and on the hard gets what they deserve.

pete

I got a nice 1939 Matthews in 1979 that I was able to saw up for firewood. It really did provide a lot of heat. Wasn’t my original plan, but I saved 250 bucks on firewood that year, which was about 7% of my original investment.

And I got two boat trips out of it.

And yes I did have it surveyed before purchase.

I'm not looking to buy a old boat (or any boat right now)! I just recently got married and am trying to get through these crazy times.

I was just posting these craigslist boats from Boston in case some crazy TF member feels so inclined. Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom