Finn 8 Brisbane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roofriend

Hi
I'm just about to buy a Finn and convert it to electric drive plus outboard for reserve.
I live in Brisbane Australia.
Nice to be here.
Roo

Welcome.

Any cricket being played these days at the Gabba - maybe a test against India?

Welcome.

Any cricket being played these days at the Gabba - maybe a test against India?

It starts Friday, series deciding match. Crowds limited to 50% due to covid. Masks mandatory except when sitting in your designated seat. Based on what happened in Sydney, it might be better to substitute duct tape for masks for some spectators and some of the players as well!:)

Oh, and welcome aboard Roo and good luck with your project.

We love the Aussies, even if they have some funny ideas sometimes!

Welcome Aboard

pete

It starts Friday, series deciding match. Crowds limited to 50% due to covid. Masks mandatory except when sitting in your designated seat. Based on what happened in Sydney, it might be better to substitute duct tape for masks for some spectators and some of the players as well!:)

Oh, and welcome aboard Roo and good luck with your project.

Yep, read this earlier today! Nice guy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55615318

Welcome aboard. Not seen anything from our Finn 8 expert in a while, but I`ve been on his boat.
The meaning of the traditional expression,"that`s not cricket"(meaning not behavior of highest standard)is under serious challenge.

Welcome aboard. Not seen anything from our Finn 8 expert in a while, but I`ve been on his boat.
The meaning of the traditional expression,"that`s not cricket"(meaning not behavior of highest standard)is under serious challenge.

Not to derail (well maybe just a wee bit) - ball tampering anyone? :D

Some time back I saw a Finn 8 fairly regularly, often moored in the Brisbane River near the Gateway Bridge. I can't recall the boat name, but it was an older guy who was also a member of The Little Ship Club. I don't think there are all that many cruising around.
Roo, might that be the boat you are buying?

Not to derail (well maybe just a wee bit) - ball tampering anyone? :D
David Warner, ball tampering promoter in chief is back, out of form, carrying injury. Overborne/compliant Steve Smith(ex Captain)is in form while Paine,the sledging enthusiast who became Captain and "showed dissent" to the umpire,is not in form. Smith may be restored to Captain yet. He`s quasi Captain sometimes now.

David Warner, ball tampering promoter in chief is back, out of form, carrying injury. Overborne/compliant Steve Smith(ex Captain)is in form while Paine,the sledging enthusiast who became Captain and "showed dissent" to the umpire,is not in form. Smith may be restored to Captain yet. He`s quasi Captain sometimes now.

Smith is still at it.

The explanation given is BS. India were last at bat and Smith wasn't batting again!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55629954

Back
Top Bottom