AIS Information Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skippy

Vessel Name
ZETEO
Vessel Make
GB 42 Classic
So sorry, I'm a newbee and don't have an icon to post a new thread except here.

How do I change the AIS info for my vessel? I'm a new owner in a new Hailing Port and the Vessel has a new name.

Thanks for any help. Take care.

Welcome. Happy to have another GB owner on board. 1st guess is get in touch with the manufacturer. You may have to send it back to them. MMSI shouldn’t change. Just name and port.

Welcome. Happy to have another GB owner on board. 1st guess is get in touch with the manufacturer. You may have to send it back to them. MMSI shouldn’t change. Just name and port.

This may be correct, but authorized dealers of that product may be able to do it also.

Ted

If you haven’t already done so, You should contact Boat US and change the info that goes with the MMSI. From memory....You will have to have the previous owner contact them 1st and turn the number over to you. It’s been 3 years and I have forgotten the specifics.

If you plan on traveling outside of the US (living in Cocoa Beach you will probably be looking at the Bahamas minimal), then get an FCC MMSI if the one you have is Boat US.

In fact, just ignore the Boat US MMSI if that is what you have, get an FCC one and have the AIS AND radios changed to that.

As mentioned you may have to send the AIS and radios off. But, as Ted stated, many manufacturer authorized electronics techs have the authorization from the manufacturers to make the change - mine's does.

Will do, thanks so much!

What manufacturer and model do you have?

If your AIS has a USB port you can probably change data with proais2 software but as mentioned, MMSI must be changed by tech.

Back
Top Bottom