The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grego

Hi all I am a new member from North puget sound, avid long time fisherman, we have had several boats over the years and recently purchased a Bayliner 38 with twin diesels. Been enjoying the sound and the San Juan’s for a couple years now planning to head north to Alaska and would like to fish the north side of Vancouver island.

Grego

Welcome aboard. I love the lines of the 38 Bayliner. Congrats on your new boat.

Nice boat with classic lines. If you would have posted this a few weeks ago I would have thought to myself, you have almost no chance of coming into BC with our closed border. But with fast Covid testing and Canada bringing in - today I think - Covid testing requirements for aircraft, it might be possible with a fresh Covid test you might be allowed to cross the border, purely speculation on my part.

Welcome to the forum.
I am not as optimistic as RSN, but am hopeful he is correct. Maybe with a vaccination?
My best "guess" would be a return to somewhat "open" travel might come by end of summer??????
Testing is interesting (especially BC's new aircraft regs.). Here in BC, you cannot obtain a test (to the best of my knowledge) unless you have proof of a close contact with a confirmed COVID case or you are showing at least one of the main signs and symptoms. We are only reporting about 8,000 test per day for a population of 5 million. To confound the issue, testing is not always that accurate? This new strain(s) may have an impact on this topic as well?
Here's hoping things improve and travel can "resume".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom