New - TF Port Captain Feature Announcement and How To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would to make a call out to Port Captain Larry, member ljk.

As part of our recent fall cruise to Fort Myers Beach he was very helpful in supplying us with information regarding local navigation - including reaching out to others in the area about transiting a pass that had scant data on charts and other navigation tools.

His input removed a level of concern during our sojourn in FMB.

He aso gave us feedback on local marinas and approaches.

Thanks Larry! We had a great time in your area!

Are you sure you're not getting a cut of the action on those, Don? :D :hide:

No... wish I was! Interest in burgees has gone much better than any of us anticipated.
Its nice when something with the potential to be a disaster turns out well.
I don't claim the glory as it really was a group effort with help from firstbase and Wayfarer.

No... wish I was! Interest in burgees has gone much better than any of us anticipated.
Its nice when something with the potential to be a disaster turns out well.
I don't claim the glory as it really was a group effort with help from firstbase and Wayfarer.

mmmm me think a TF Port Cap't burgee for those that volunteer?:eek::thumb:

Attachments

• TF Burgee.jpg
    TF Burgee.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
Should, uh...... should I start a poll?

LOVE it!!!

Hey Crusty could run the poll!!!! LOL

Could we see one with a yellow 5-point star in place of the stripes?

Boy it is a good thing I work cheap........free.

Attachments

• TF Star Burgee.jpg
    TF Star Burgee.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Here is where this would work.

Instead of everyone who signs up as a port captain getting one, these would be for those who have benefited from a port captain.

If they felt the help given was of a sufficient level to purchase one for the port captain, they would buy one and send it to the port captain.

A port captain would have as many as he deserved based on the evaluation of those he helped!

Now THAT'S an incentive!

And maybe the best idea would be not to have physical burgees that have to be bought, but virtual ones that would be placed somewhere on the port captain's profile once awarded by people who were supported by a port captain!

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah!

I already have my uniform picked out.

Actually, you be lucky to see me with shoes on.

Attachments

• origin.jpg
    origin.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 24
Fort Myers Sanibel area

I would to make a call out to Port Captain Larry, member ljk.

As part of our recent fall cruise to Fort Myers Beach he was very helpful in supplying us with information regarding local navigation - including reaching out to others in the area about transiting a pass that had scant data on charts and other navigation tools.

His input removed a level of concern during our sojourn in FMB.

He aso gave us feedback on local marinas and approaches.

Thanks Larry! We had a great time in your area!

Thank you, Menzies. Would love to share useful details with anyone planning a cruise to our area: Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Sanibel, Captiva, Fort Myers Beach.

And maybe the best idea would be not to have physical burgees that have to be bought, but virtual ones that would be placed somewhere on the port captain's profile once awarded by people who were supported by a port captain!

That idea I like.........:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Good idea too....:thumb:

I will take Beaumont, Texas. Don't everyone come at once...

I have gone past Beaumont many times and have never stopped in Beaumont proper. I have been to Pleasure Island many times. But might need some current info to go downtown. I know some folks that went many years ago and had a good time.

UPDATE -
Our TF Port Captains now number 150!
Nice progress

I too like the virtual burgee idea because I probably would not fly a real one, even if my boat had a place to do so.

Very Good Idea ! Excuse my poor English writing, I'm a French Quebecer who try to find if we have a port captain, here in Quebec Province. Maybe in Montreal, Quebec City, Trois-Rivières, who knows... I have another idea to fit with the one of Bacchus : Maybe a French Chapter of Trawler Forum ! It would be easier to find owners of trawlers here in Quebec. The most of the English people live in Montreal or Gatineau, few in Trois-Rivieres or Quebec City. But if we have a small French Chapter, maybe Trawler Forum would be well known, another time who knows !!!

I too like the virtual burgee idea because I probably would not fly a real one, even if my boat had a place to do so.

I've got so many flags, burgees and a windsock that I don't have another open spot. It's gotta be virtual for me to fly another one.

OTOH, I'm easy to spot from a distance.

Attachments

• Maritime Salute.jpg
    Maritime Salute.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Athabasca Glacier.jpg
    Athabasca Glacier.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm available to assist boaters passing through my home port. I'm docked at Herrington Harbor South which is a very popular stopping point for vessels transiting through the Chesapeake bay, my house is 6 minutes from the marina and perhaps most importantly, I have a pretty well equipped workshop. I'm still a working stiff, and not always home but evenings and weekend are good times to catch me. Private messages through the forum will reach me quickly.

Hello from Marina Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We'd be happy to assist anyone coming into the area of Puerto Vallarta and surrounding areas such as Nuevo Vallarta and La Cruz de Huancastle, Nayarit.

The Port Captain link does not allow for me to de-select my state. I am wondering if we would show up in a search for Puerto Vallarta.

Cheers

We are in Mexico, is that an option for PC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom