View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 03:16 AM   #18
mvweebles
Guru

City: Saint Petersburg
Vessel Name: Weebles
Vessel Model: 1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Thank you for sharing in such a heartfelt and candid way. To my reading, was most definitely not a "woe is me" story but rather a reminder of the risks small business owners endure, even when successful.

For years, I worried I was an unfortunate mishap away from living under a bridge. It's only been in the last handful that I've gotten lucky and the thought no longer crosses my mind. Losing those hard fought gains and giving up the prizes would be very difficult to me.

When I met my wife 25 years ago, she was a hi-flier middle mgmt exec in telecom. The first dot-com bust gutted the industry with over 300k lost jobs, including hers. We moved to Florida and the real estate market crashed dragging the broader economy with it. Her first step in rebuilding was taking a $10/hr temp job answering phones in a call center which she did with pride.

I wish you all the best and, in a small way, thank you for being what is likely a great role model to your family, friends, and neighbors. I know Cheryll, my wife, has been to me.

Peter
mvweebles is offline   Reply With Quote