O C Diver
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWT View Post
Ted:

I am pretty familiar with "Slow Hill". Nice little town. Nice people. It came close to doubling or tripling in size back in 2007 but that crash brought ambitious plans to a dead halt.

I've never been on the Pokomoke River, but have wondered if the cypress tanin in the water would stain the hull? The headwaters are the cypress swamp near Selbyville, DE. And the pfiesteria issues of a decade or two ago just had me take it off my radar screen. But it sounds like that's a mistake.

Different direction for you. I have a house near Kent Island I'll retire to, but am living full time in CT for work at the moment. Northern CT, nowhere close to the water. But I am curious what yours, or others, favorites might be along the CT coast? Mystic is a popular tourist spot. Abbott's Lobster is a favorite spot of mine in Noank. I still have some time in CT to check spots out.
I have a painted hull with wax on it. No issues with staining. Gelcoat hulls get some staining but not permanent, easily removed when you hall out.

Haven't heard any mention of pfiesteria in the last 10 years on or near the Pocomoke river. Lots of kayaking and canoeing is done from Snow Hill, so I would expect notices if it was still an issue.

Went to school in NE CT, Pomfret. Parents started going to Martha's Vineyard when I was in Mom. They retired there. Been there on vacation every year of my life. Was planning on taking my boat there this summer for Memorial Day week. Covid ruined those plans.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote