View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
GarryP

City: Homosassa River, FL
Vessel Name: Mango Mama
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36
I just want to say that Manatees DO HAVE a walkaround deck. The upper deck is completely accessible all around (with a step down to the foredeck). In my limited experience, I've found the Manatee very easy to handle in and out of slips. You can do all you need singlehanded from the upper deck. Transfer lines to the cleats in the stern cockpit and the side cleats later if you want to. It is a little different than most and more of a challenge with low floating docks but certainly not a dealbreaker. It's very convenient at my current dock with tall pilings.

As for seaworthiness, I don't have rough water experience but I imagine it would be more uncomfortable in the upper level pilothouse than at a lower level wheel. I simply plan to avoid rough conditions. I'm certain the design can take a lot more punishment than I can. On the other hand, down below she is very stable. There are things on shelves in the stateroom and salon that have never moved in the roughest wakes in the waterway.

I spend a lot of time on the boat at the dock and she is supremely comfortable. That's where she shines. She's a little homely but I'm not planning on entering her in a beauty contest. Homely is as homely does - she's beautiful.
GarryP is offline   Reply With Quote