Last 47 and 43 builds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksceviour

Vessel Name
Moderation
Vessel Make
Sea Lord 35
Can anyone tell us what the last build years were for the 46 the 47 and the 43? That info isn’t apparent on the Nordhavn website.

My wife and I are staying informed on both models as they come on the market with eye to moving up from our current boat however we don’t know what the last years were for either.

Thanks.

I'm guessing Nordhavn won't be offended if you call and ask them. There's also probably an owners forum you can join as perspective buyers.

Ted

If you join Nordhavn Dreamers on groups.io you might be able to find it there. I know Dan Streech has posted the build stats for all the models, but I'm not certain that included build years.

Has the 43 been retired? Even if it hasn't, there is typically a long gap between the last one built and when they get rid of the molds. The 62 molds we just crushed a few years ago, but nobody had ordered one I think since the 55 was introduced. So that can be a good clue if you find the subsequent model's start date. So 47 orders likely stopped when the 52 was introduced.

Not sure about the others, Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales (JMYS) has the 46 listed as;

Production years = 1989-2003.
Last hull completed = 82.

I'm under the impression there are some fairly significant improvements as you get closer towards the late 90's. Fuel tank construction from steel to fiberglass comes to mind as a significant feature to consider if shopping.

Not sure about the others, Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales (JMYS) has the 46 listed as;

Production years = 1989-2003.
Last hull completed = 82.

I'm under the impression there are some fairly significant improvements as you get closer towards the late 90's. Fuel tank construction from steel to fiberglass comes to mind as a significant feature to consider if shopping.

Jeff would know.

Thanks. We are members of the Nordhavn Dreamers site. I'll check it out there and toss Jeff an email as well.

I think there was a N47 that its goal was to make the ER a bit better.
Basically supposed to be an improved N46.
The Nordhavn site does list the retired models.

Last edited:
We've been crawling over Nordy specs and layouts for a few years now so we're fairly familiar with that aspect. I'll get hold of Nordhavn directly. We would have gone to Dana Point this year but for covid.

We've been crawling over Nordy specs and layouts for a few years now so we're fairly familiar with that aspect. I'll get hold of Nordhavn directly. We would have gone to Dana Point this year but for covid.

The N46 was a 12KW boat. The boat I had, the previous owner installed a 20KW in the ER. TOTALLY screwed up access in the ER. He also had an 8KW in the aft lazaret.

K in the same position. Have looked crawled through both. Think the 43 is the better boat but that’s my opinion. Think the 50 is underrated but unfortunately rarely marketed but for just 3’ a better platform than the 47’. Find it’s interesting they came out with the 475 as the replacement. Never been on one but from the promo stuff looks like the pick of the litter in the 40-50’ range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom