a quick hello from a new guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wallaceyachts

Veteran Member
129870206_103483674958650_7303088972337952410_o_edited.jpg5a_edited.jpg

1a_1_edited.jpgGood Morning,
Walter Wallace here. I just found this forum, as my regular website has shown attendance originating here. Doing my best to figure out posting, groups, etc. I skipper WN RAGLAND, a 100 year old sailing ship for a living, and I own and liveaboard SOVEREIGN of MALAHIDE, my trawler. I am also restoring a one off collector prototype, a 1937 38' woody from the Jensen Motorboat company, METEOR.
Home port was at my shop in the Port Townsend boatyard, and since moving to captain in my work, I now can be found on both boats anywhere on the entire USA west coast. Currently in Southern California, until we all get freed up from covid.
I perform all my own maintenance, from wood work, all on board systems, even sewing sails for RAGLAND. WN RAGLAND, SOVEREIGN of MALAHIDE, and METEOR all haVe extensive slideshow videos on Youtube, found with Wallace Yacht Company and the vessel name.

Last edited:
I tried to upload pics......it I uploaded, and it says in process.....having a hard time figuring that part out here, as I navigate this new-to-me site.....

We were just discussing Sovereign the other day in one of the threads here. Speculating on whether it is for sale or not after your website on her was posted by someone. Beautiful boat (ship, really.) Welcome.

Welcome aboard! I remember when you were a broker here in Port Townsend. Had a brief correspondence with you as I was very impressed with your prose and photos when it came to marketing your brokerage boats. Good luck with all your current endeavors!

Thanks.....yes, SOVEREIGN is for sale. I didn't know about this site, and I came over the forum, looking at the analytics on my regular website, where Ihave descriptions of Sovereign. I spent most of today, just figuring out how things work here. Once I get a bit more comfortable in posting here, I will list her for sale here. I am aboard her now, as I write this. She has been a fine home, and at sea, a dream. www.wallaceyachts.com is where she is described in detail. If just curious to see her, here is a youtube slide show:

https://youtu.be/G_M3aRVMH6A

I tried to upload pics......it I uploaded, and it says in process.....having a hard time figuring that part out here, as I navigate this new-to-me site.....
Welcome to TF. Re you photo issue, I suggest you look at the section called 'How to use the forum, etc, where there is a sticky entitled "How to load photos, or words to that effect.

Thank you sir—muddled through. Had to drop quality of pics. Thanks again. ww

Yes, indeed. It strikes me that is one reason not to rush out and buy one of these latest mobile phones, which tend to have cameras in them with the resolution so many megapixies that the photos are a real pain to upload to places like forums, and often need down-sizing. :eek: :nonono:

Welcome to the Forum, Walter. I love Port Townsend. Good luck in your endeavours.

Welcome to the Forum, Walter. I love Port Townsend. Good luck in your endeavours.
Thanks, Tom. When I bought SOVEREIGN, I kept her in Genoa Bay....enjoyed my outings in Nanaimo......really nice guy owns the Teak store there....that's where I got my outdoor furniture for Sovereign. I appreciate your welcome. It's nice talking to PEOPLE.....been a long year in my bubble on SOVEREIGN with my beagle :)

Will talk anytime Walter. Yes, the teak furniture store in "old" Nanaimo is great, with a really friendly, helpful owner. At least your beagle is cute and I would assume friendly.
Hopefully the "bubble" will be over before too long (6-8 months??).

Back
Top Bottom