Helm Pump Rebuild Shop in San Diego?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
I have a couple 50-year old helm pumps - similar to Hynautic ones - that are working fine, but I want to have them rebuilt before I reinstall. I'm in Ensenada - hoping there's someone in San Diego area. Any clues for me?

Thanks in advance -

Peter

Any hydraulic shop should be able to rebuild. If the manufacturer is still in business you may be able to get a seal kit. That would make it faster and cheaper.

I have a Hynautic helm pump. Went to the Seastar website who now own and sell them. They have a list of authorized independent rebuild facilities. I used the one in NC and was extremely pleased. I have one of the largest helm pumps and paid $225 (I think) for parts and labor. I would much rather use a rebuilder who does this all the time, has experience with my specific model, and has availability to parts should something beyond the rebuild kit be needed.

I had him also rebuild my steer cylinder. It appears to have been rebuilt once before by a shop that put the wrong seals in, making it much harder to operate.

Ted

I have a couple 50-year old helm pumps - similar to Hynautic ones - that are working fine, but I want to have them rebuilt before I reinstall. I'm in Ensenada - hoping there's someone in San Diego area. Any clues for me?

Thanks in advance -

Peter

Do you know which pumps they are specifically? I rebuilt mine myself, they are older Capilano pumps and they are really simple to rebuild. Disassemble, clean and re-assemble with new seals.

A few years back, I used Santos Steering and Controls in Wilmington, CA (Los Angeles). He is a mechanic that, to my knowledge, only does hydraulic steering systems and cable controls.

310-872-4641

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom