Pilgrim 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank D.

Vessel Name
Sangria
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Hello, I have a question. Does anyone know the vertical clearance for a Pilgrim 40? Want to truck one hand don't have an exact measurement.

Hello, I have a question. Does anyone know the vertical clearance for a Pilgrim 40? Want to truck one hand don't have an exact measurement.

Did you try contacting the builder or an agent? They probably have the specs. Just make sure that a PO hasn't added anything additional up top!

I dont know. But there are some pilgrim 40 owners here. Hopefully one shows up and gets you that info. :)

Best bet is to call the manufacturer. North Castle Marine is now Gozzard Yachts in Goderich, Ontario, Canada.
Phone number is 519-524 6393. Ask for Mike, he is very knowledgeable and is always happy to help.

Frank,

A fellow Pilgrim owner just moved his boat from the Great Lakes to Vermont. I’ll let him know about this string.

John
Wanderer
Hull 37

Fellow Pilgrim Owner here -
My loaded (on the truck) height measured out at just about 15.' As PMF 1984 stated, the fly bridge will have to come off if the boat has one, as well as everything else on the boat (top) deck. In my case that was: fly bridge; mast; radio antennas; the fake stack; dinghy and davit; solar panels; all railings down to stanchion bases. If you have a fly bridge and steering & engine controls up there, it's a bit of a challenge disconnecting and stowing the loose ends for the move, but doable.

Everything stowed on or in the boat for the move except for the fly bridge. I had to remove it and brace it with two 2x3s, and the mover was able to carry it on the tongue of his trailer. I'll try to post a couple of photos; if I can't, but can answer any other questions about my experience, email is joechr@msn.com.
Joe

Attachments

• PntBayarr3.jpg
    PntBayarr3.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 34
Comments

Great explaination and useful comments! Thank you! Kind regards! Normand

Attachments

• Real Mountie Ancré.jpg
    Real Mountie Ancré.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 20
You're welcome, Normand. If you're still cruising Lake Champlain perhaps our bows will cross someday...once the border opens, that is. I had hoped to bring Serena back east from Michigan via the Trent Severn and had the trip completely planned out. But when the border closed, I gave up and called the mover.
With best regards -
Joe
M/V Serena

I'll forward the same answer I just gave on another "what is the height?" thread:

You need to measure the actual boat you are buying. Over the course of a few decades, there is no telling what prior owners have added or subtracted to the superstructure of the vessel. Maybe less of an issue if the bridge has to come off anyway, but it's a boat, you never know...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom