Livingston recommended length?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j11av

Vessel Make
'83 CHB 34
Hi all,

Checking to see if any input on the max length of a Livingston dinghy to use with weaver davits on the swim platform of a CHB34, beam I believe is around 11'6''.

Thank you for any input.

Our Livingston is 8 ft that is mounted on swim platform of a 34 Mainship MK1 with 11.9 beam. I added supports brackets with pads to support the weight (140lbs) and also to thru bolt the Weaver attachments instead of using the outer edge of the swim platform. We added thru bolted cleats fore and aft on the Livingston to haul dinghy up on the transom. Stand off brackets (18") keep the Livingston firmly in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 21
We had a 10' on our old 36' Trojan. Used the boat hook to pull it up. Wasn't too difficult.

Our Livingston is 8 ft that is mounted on swim platform of a 34 Mainship MK1 with 11.9 beam. I added supports brackets with pads to support the weight (140lbs) and also to thru bolt the Weaver attachments instead of using the outer edge of the swim platform. We added thru bolted cleats fore and aft on the Livingston to haul dinghy up on the transom. Stand off brackets (18") keep the Livingston firmly in place.

Looks awesome, thank you. Is that custom made?

Looks awesome, thank you. Is that custom made?

Yes, A local metal fabricator that makes S Steel commercial kitchen made them out of 1/4 SS plate and 3/4 tubing. You can't be in a hurry... it's always worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom