View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
RT Firefly
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. OBX. What you're commenting on is what I call "thread creep". OP asks a question about marine vs automotive fuses for example. Now Mr. OBX, this is just MY observation...20 posts later everybody is arguing about anchors (why anchors, I have no idea...).
While some other marine sites strictly adhere to staying directly on topic this site does not and IMHO this is somewhat of a good thing but it can be frustrating for a newbie to keep track and even MORE difficult if a pearl of wisdom is hidden in a thread completely unrelated. It makes searching for said pearl nigh-on impossible. That being the situation, it usually takes about 8-14 posts to degenerate into.....?
I suggested to the moderators that TF create a new section OR stickies where persons such as yourself can find answers to "What should I avoid in my search for a good used boat." MY answer to THAT question is nothing. Become very good friends with someone who has their own boat...Hahahahaha...
Seriously, Mr. OBX, start another thread it could creep into a discussion about.......wait for it........anchors BUT I'm sure you will get enough opinions to give you ideas for more questions.
I've been a member here since Nov. 2007 and if I hadn't found it interesting, informative and downright comical in some cases, I'd have taken my singular personality and left, much to the detriment of all here concerned....Hahaha...Ask away.