What window bonding adhesive should I use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking at Sika as well. I found it very difficult to communicate with them but I was about to use their product. My window installer had used the Sika product as well but was happier with Bostik 7008.

Greetings,
I would strongly recommend NOT using silicone products and also NOT etching the surface of tempered glass in ANY way.

There are viable alternatives to silicone which have been noted but I would still use butyl tape because at some point you will have to re-bed the windows. You mention "...a fiberglass frame will sandwich the glass..." which should work with butyl.

ANY scratch or etching on the surface will weaken tempered glass. Each scratch, even at the microscopic level, is a potential fracture site which defeats the purpose of the tempering.

I was looking at Sika as well. I found it very difficult to communicate with them but I was about to use their product. My window installer had used the Sika product as well but was happier with Bostik 7008.
Back in post #19, I expressed frustration with contacting Sika too. But I like their products and found this install sheet that made sense to me. Reposting link for convenience.

https://dnk.sika.com/dms/getdo...Bonding_Marine_Application.pdf

Back
Top Bottom