34' Pilot Soft to Hard Top Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FOADIAC

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
FOADIAC
Vessel Make
Mainship 34' Pilot
Good Day...has anyone got experience or advice on converting a soft top 34' Pilot to "as close as factory as possible" hard top?? I've communicated with Marlow on this and they said they don't have the plans nor tooling to accomplish this. I've reached out to a few custom boat builders but they were reticent to go through the engineering to do so. I'd consider buying a donor boat with a solid hard top but that seems to be a bit excessive. Recommendations or experiences are very welcome. Thanks.

I have a 2007 Hardtop (opening windows, and if you are going to spend the money you want this version I would think) - you would be welcome to come do some measurements - we are just south of Annapolis

Another thought - one of my neighbors converted his similarly sized Tiara and could be a good contact - happy to connect you guys.

Thanks...I'll research the '07...that is the leading contender...shouldn't be hard for a pro to fabricate, I just need to find a pro fabricator...

I know someone who fabricated a hardtop but still used the Isenglass sides due to weight. If you are looking at fiberglass I would think the cost of fabrication would exceed the difference between selling your current boat and buying a factory hardtop.

Hard Top Add On

I have a 30 Pilot with an custom hard top.
They over built the hard top and I believe added too much weight.
I have added lead under the engine, single 230 hp.
The soft sides are nice for protection and ventilation.

Attachments

• 20200613_174306mmmm.jpg
    20200613_174306mmmm.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom