in search of this type of taps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick4002

Vessel Name
Lady Penelope
Vessel Make
Trader 54 sunliner
Hello, on or boat we have these taps for the shower and was taps, they need to be replaced are dripping and not posible to repair, where can i purchace new taps of this sort ?

Attachments

• 956BA285-645E-44C0-85E6-D79D762B4699.jpeg
    956BA285-645E-44C0-85E6-D79D762B4699.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe in Taiwan... We have replaced most of ours with current models from HD and Lowes.

Those are RV sink fixtures. Check to see if the knobs are 3 1/2” or 4” spacing.
Try Phoenixfaucets.com as one source.

Last edited:
Agree with Comodave. - go to your local Home Depot, Loews or plumbing supply shop. There is nothing specifically marine about what you have. The shower attachment is a bit unusual, so you might even try RV shops. I would look for a tap & shower head that has water-saver features, however. I think most do these days.

I chose Home Depot. Defender had the bulkhead fitting to adapt the hand held shower device.

From this
20201010_110918.jpg

To this
20201013_142955.jpg

Ted

thanks all for helping to find replacments that fit without changing the current bassin
Best regards, Patrick

With this setup, do you just use the main handle to pause the flow during a shower? Or do you still have a button on the shower head?

I really like this solution. The “RV” faucets are cheap junk and the bulkhead fitting provides a solution to move to a regular household faucet.

The smaller bulkhead fitting next to the shower control is sold through Defender and is top quality chrome plated brass. The threads are for standard American hand held shower hose available at Lowes, Home Depot, and comes with almost every hand held shower sprayer. The spray head I chose has something like 7 flow patterns. One of the patterns is a dribble, probably between a pint and a quart per minute. It's purpose is to have a slight flow to keep the water temperature constant while you soap up. So when you switch back to the normal stream, it's almost exactly the same without any adjustment.

Interestingly, I changed the pump, pressure tank, and a few other things to improve flow through my carbon block water filter with increased pressure, 40 PSI on and 50 PSI off. This increased water consumption through the old hand held shower head. The new shower head which is designed for higher municipal water pressure, provides better rinsing effect with less water consumption (1.0+/- GPM) as compared to the original system. So I get a better rinse using less water and no hot / cold fluctuation after pausing the water flow. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom