The unoffical new boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
Well long story short. We sold our 33' Egg Harbor after a year of ownership and are buying a friends 48' Egg Harbor. Our plan was to try out the little boat for a few years, if we liked it we would move up in size, if not, we were not out a lot of $$.
Moving 3 slips forward at the same marina. Getting pulled out on Dec 1 for Survey. I know the boat but will still hire the pro. I do not expect any major issues with the Survey. And I expect to take ownership on the 3rd. We will keep in on the hard for December and perform bottom paint/zinks/rudder/prop checks.

1978 48' Egg Harbor Golden Egg.
8V-92Ta's with 500 hours on rebuilds
788 Fuel in two tanks
125 water

Two room, Two full bath with lower galley model.

New Gen set with 100 hours, wiring, engine rebuilds.
New Electronics two years ago with autopilot, and a bow thruster added.
New 4 burner stove and oven (huge upgrade from the last boat).
Apartment size fridge in galley and a mini on the back deck.

We are very excited and cant wait to venture farther North once we get it cleaned up to how "She" likes them. It will be nice to skip the fuel dock after every trip out. And surprisingly enough it does better on fuel than the last one adding in the 1.00 a gallon difference from Gas to Diesel.

The Name is Triton, I believe we will be the 4th owner.

Things on the list are full Varnish job, new windows in the canvas. New fastback rear deck cover. Bottom paint/zinks/prop check when its out of the water, full buff and wax. I would also like to pull the through hulls and replace or rebuild them. No paperwork on when they were done last.

My only major complaints are.. they painted the mains Cat yellow... No water maker, Side windows do not open. No AC.
And I don't really have any plans to fix any of that.

We look forward to spending more time on the boat and working towards selling the big house and finding something much smaller with a ok size garage in the next year or so.

Attachments

• 78Egg.jpg
    78Egg.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Congrats on your new boat, hope it works out for you.

A 48' Egg Harbor is a great boat that I almost bought one 10 years ago up in the Chesapeake.
Enjoy your new boat and congrats,

There will come a day you wish you had at least a bit of AC for the master cabin too cool it off before retiring. There are a number of cheap and easy ways to solve that without resort to a full-up marine ac unit. Think portable... Oh, and best wishes with the new toy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom