Another new member from Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dolph

Hello to all.. Full disclosure .. I currently do not own a trawler, just a small outboard. But since I have retired, and wish to spend more time on the water I feel a Trawler is the way to go. So I have joined to gain as much knowledge from current members as I can, to help me realize my dream. I hope you will accept me reading posts and asking questions.

Welcome aboard. We really don’t care what type of boat you have, more of an attitude thing.

Welcome. You should be able to find a nice boat in your neck of the woods. Trawler or maybe a nice Downeast. We picked our Grand Banks up in Thomaston.

Thanks for giving us the chance to help and learn right along with you. Welcome aboard, shipmate.

Like they all said..! :flowers: :thumb:

Welcome. We don't have a trawler either. We loved cruising the Maine coast in our 25 foot (not a trawler) boat and love cruising it in our current boat.

Don't get hung up on buying a "trawler." (What the heck is that? Boat marketeers have ruined that definition.) Just get a boat that fits your needs.

Welcome Aboard.

I truly believe that you learn a lot about boats strictly through osmosis. How can you live in Maine and not know boats? You probably know a lot more than you think you do. Probably also know a lot more knowledgable people than you realize.

People in Iowa probably know tractors, people in Maine know boats, ask around, or ask us..

pete

Glad you are here! I lived in Maine late 60's to mid 70's. Best friends there still!

Thanks for all the encouragement. As commented, one would think living in Maine I would have had a score of boats .. However, after many decades, picking up my 14 ft Grumman the end of this summer is my first.. The best thing though is .. it got the boat bug going.. fresh water is great, but some coastal travel might be nice. All have a very Happy & safe Thanksgiving!!!

Welcome Aboard.

I truly believe that you learn a lot about boats strictly through osmosis. How can you live in Maine and not know boats? You probably know a lot more than you think you do. Probably also know a lot more knowledgable people than you realize.

People in Iowa probably know tractors, people in Maine know boats, ask around, or ask us..

pete

There's a whole lot of Maine that is not boat/coast oriented. Think "The County" and potatoes. Aroostook County that is.

Ha Ha .. actually I think it is correctly pronounced .. podatoes... :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom