Humor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• C1120633-0BD5-49AA-8B11-2326A31DA9A4.jpg
    C1120633-0BD5-49AA-8B11-2326A31DA9A4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 71
Another

Attachments

• B28CE665-905A-470C-9EB3-A401373B2ACA.jpeg
    B28CE665-905A-470C-9EB3-A401373B2ACA.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66
Maybe not that funny!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1605736823122.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605736823122.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
Ah, yes, the "MMU" phenomenon.

Only thing worse is having to spend in AMU's instead. "Aviation monetary unit." 1 AMU = 1,000 USD.

I've also heard that called one "BU" (Boating Unit.)

As for the screwdriver, that's a highly unrealistic photo.

In real life, if the "regular screwdriver were $1.99, the "marine" screwdriver would be $19.90. It's easy. Just move the decimal place one digit to the right.

If you'll notice... all searches for "Higher Intelligence" are pointed away from Earth! :facepalm:

A group of 15 year old boys discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at the McDonald's next to Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because they only had six dollars among them, they could ride their bikes there and Jennie Webster, that cute girl in Social Studies, lives on the same street and they might see her.

Ten years later, the group of now 25 year old guys discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the beer was cheap, the bar had free snacks, the house band was good, there was no cover charge and there were lot of cute girls.

Ten years later, at 35 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was decided they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the booze was good, it was near their gym and, if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

Ten years later, at 45, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the martinis were big and the waitresses wore tight pants.

Ten years later, now 55, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the prices were reasonable, they have a nice wine list and fish is good for your cholesterol.

Ten years later, at 65 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the lighting was good and they have an early bird special.

Ten years later, at 75 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because the food was not too spicy and the restaurant was handicapped accessible.

Ten years later, at 85 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because they had never been there before.

A group of 15 year old boys discussed where they should meet for dinner. .... Ten years later, at 85 years of age, the group once again discussed where they should meet for dinner. It was agreed they would meet at Captain Jack's Seafood Grille because they had never been there before.

Well I'm in the watching what's "good for your cholesterol" category, but the rest of that is just plain depressing :(

Paddy staggered home very late after another evening with his drinking buddy, Mick. When he got home he took off his shoes to avoid waking his wife.

He tip-toed as quietly as he could toward the stairs leading to their upstairs bedroom but misjudged the bottom step. As he caught himself by grabbing the bannister, his body swung around and he landed heavily. A whiskey bottle in each back pocket broke and made the landing especially painful. Managing not to yell, Paddy sprung up, pulled down his pants, and looked in the hall mirror to see that his arse cheeks were cut and bleeding. He managed to quietly find a full box of Band-Aids. He then began putting a Band-Aid as best he could on each place he saw blood. He then hid the now almost empty box and shuffled and stumbled his way to bed.

In the morning, Paddy woke up with searing pain in both his head and arse and with his wife staring at him from across the room. She said, “You were drunk again last night weren’t you Paddy?”

Paddy replied, “And why would you be saying such a thing?”

“Well,” she said,“it could be the open front door, it could be the broken glass at the bottom of the stairs, it could be the drops of blood trailing through the house, it could be your bloodshot eyes, but mostly, it’s all those Band-Aids stuck on the downstairs mirror!

Seen this afternoon in Fort Myers. They probably don't defend many death penalty cases!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606256689849.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606256689849.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 45
I dunno. Pronounced according to German linguistic rules (and Yiddish) they would be "Freed and Freed.". Not bad for defense counsel.

Laughing at Stereotypes is no Joke.
My intent was only to point out that in those languages, a diphthong is pronounced
as the second vowel. If I inadvertently touched a nerve, I am sorry.

No, I meant the “ Paddy and Mick joke “ , I just didn’t enter it fast enough.
But yiddish = attorneys. I didn’t pick up on that at first. IMO if it’s a funny joke it doesn’t need a ethnic slant.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 8.27.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 8.27.45 AM.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 56
HooRah

Attachments

• 9068D475-97E7-478C-9F5A-35B14C1F4507.jpg
    9068D475-97E7-478C-9F5A-35B14C1F4507.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 43
On the first day...

God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."
The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
And God saw it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"
And God, again saw it was good.

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."
The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back,
the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves.
For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family.
For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.
And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you. There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.

If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch...

Last edited:
Reactions: Art
On the first day...

God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."
The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
And God saw it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"
And God, again saw it was good.

On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."
The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back,
the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves.
For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family.
For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.
And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you. There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.

If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch...

Yep

One evening, four brothers chatted together after dinner.

They discussed the birthday gifts they were able to give their 95-year-old mother.

The first said, "You know I had a big house built for Mama."

The second said, "And I had a large theater built in the house."

The third said, "And I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her."

The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can't read anymore because she can't see very well. I bought her a parrot who could recite the entire Bible. It took ten preachers over 8 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $50,000 a year for five years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama only has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed.

After the birthday celebration, Mama sent out her "Thank You" notes.

She wrote:

“Milton, the house you built is so huge that I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"Marvin, I am too old to travel so I stay home; I have my groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks anyway."

"Michael, you gave me an expensive theatre that can hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing, and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you so much."

Love, Mama

Reactions: Art
WHY OUR HEALTH CARE COSTS ARE SO HIGH!!!
Bubba had shingles.
Those of us who spend much time in a doctor's office should appreciate this! Doesn't it seem more and more that physicians are running their practices like an assembly line?
Here's what happened to Bubba:
Bubba walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Bubba said: 'Shingles.' So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.
Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked Bubba what he had.
Bubba said, 'Shingles' So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Bubba to wait in the examining room.
A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, 'Shingles..' So the nurse gave Bubba a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bubba to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.
An hour later the doctor came in and found Bubba sitting patiently in the nude and asked Bubba what he had.
Bubba said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'
Bubba said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'�

Attachments

• Break Up Note.jpg
    Break Up Note.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom