• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52' - Palmetto, FL - $224,900

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
It is with profound regret that our beloved Wanderlust is offered for sale. This is a great opportunity to pick up a turn-key liveaboard for a very reasonable price. The previous owners extensively cruised the Bahamas and completed the Great Loop.

Jeffersons are tough boats with solid fiberglass hulls and real wood interiors. The 52' Rivanna was typically a three stateroom vessel but this one was designed with the third stateroom as an office. Other notable features include:
* A walk-in pantry
* 840 watts of solar power
* A 900 gallon per day water maker
* Up-to-date software and maps on the touch screen chart plotter
* A new GE electric cooktop
* Bauer scuba compressor and four scuba tanks
* No "boat" smells
* 4' draft
* 20' air draft with antennas up

The survey is about a year and a half old. I'm happy to supply the survey to interested buyers. All of the items found on the engine were minor and the technician repaired them after the sale completed. All of the items found by the surveyor were minor and have been repaired by me. Most were just recommendations by ABYC, not actual defects.

Local or Regional delivery and training can be included.

* Removed and serviced Aftercoolers and Transmission coolers ($3000)
* Replaced master stateroom a/c with Dometic 12k BTU (two year parts and labor) ($3000)
* Oil and filter changes, fuel filter changes, and cooling systems flushed with Barnacle Buster
* Installed new hour meters for main engines
* Dinghy: New bimini top, new seat cushions, new fuel injectors, fuel lines, and water separator
* New watermaker membranes ($800)
* New, modern faucet in galley

* Bottom paint stripped, two coats of barrier coat epoxy, and three coats of Petit Trinidad bottom paint ($17,000)
* Custom stairs from cockpit to aft deck ($2000)
* New Salon sofa ($2400)
* New 18 bottle wine refrigerator
* New GE Cooktop
* Updated Garmin chartplotter software and maps
* Garmin chartplotter networked to Simrad Autopilot (Autopilot will do turn-by-turn navigation)
* Hull and superstructure waxed

Documentation

* Original purchase paperwork and Jefferson owner’s manual
* Meticulous maintenance records
* Logs of each trip
* Monthly safety survey

Flybridge

* Garmin 7612xsv 12” touchscreen chart plotter with latest software update and updated charts
* Depthfinder
* Simrad AP28 autopilot networked to Garmin chartplotter
* Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF radio
* Raymarine C120W 12” chartplotter with color depth finder and rear view camera feed
* Furuno 4’ Open Array Radar
* Raymarine AIS Class B transponder
* Pompanette Helm and Copilot seats
* Plentiful seating
* Dining table
* 12 life jackets
* Handheld spot light
* Floating ditchbag stocked with MREs, water, and flares
* ePirb

Aft Deck

* Wet bar
* Refrigerator/ice maker
* Solar shade screens
* Propane tank for gas grill
(aft deck furniture shown in photos does not stay)

Salon

* 24,000 BTU air conditioning
* 19" flat screen TV
* New L-shaped sofa
* Accordion shades
* Large windows for lots of natural light and fresh air

Galley

* Microwave/Convection oven
* Refrigerator/freezer
* Four burner electric cooktop
* Wine refrigerator
* Lots of extra storage under the dinette cushions
* Updated faucet

Master Stateroom

* 12,000 BTU air conditioning
* Separate, stacked washer and dryer
* Two hanging lockers
* Spare propellors (under bed)
* New mattress
* Plentiful storage

Guest Stateroom

* Queen island bed
* Vanity
* 14,000 BTU air conditioning
* One hanging locker

Office

* Custom, built-in office
* 7 cubic foot deep freeze in hanging locker
* Manuals for all systems on board

Walk-in Pantry

Engine room

* Volvo TAMD 72P main engines 420 hp each with 2600 hours
* Combined burn rate of 5.6 gallons per hour at 8.6 knots
* Two 300 gallon fuel tanks
* Northern Lights 16 kw generator with sound enclosure, 6299 hours
* Plentiful lighting
* Watermaker control
* Dripless Shaft Seals
* Lots and lots of spare parts in organized and labeled bins
* Dozens of spare filters for the watermaker
* Three spare freshwater pumps
* One spare a/c pump
* One spare transmission damper plate
* One spare macerator

Cockpit

* Four aluminum 80 cf scuba tanks
* Custom stairs to make aft deck access easier
* Gas grill

Lazarette

* Spare plow anchor
* Fluke anchor with chain/rope rode
* Bauer scuba compressor
* Hookah rig
* Dinghy towing rig
* Manual bilge pump
* Lots of storage room

Deck

* Dunnage box with extra lines, black ball for anchoring, and Mantus snubber line
* Six barrel fender
* Two large ball fenders
* 73# plow anchor
* 200’ of chain, marked with rope every 30’
* Tiderider 7 step boarding stairs
* Moveable boarding ladder for side boarding
* Spare propellor shaft

Electronics

* 840 watts of solar panels on the roof of the flybridge
* Village Marine Little Wonder 900 gallon per day watermaker with new membranes
* Five AGM house batteries
* Bow thruster with separate battery bank and charger
* KVH satellite dome (not currently being used)
* Remote weather station

Dinghy

* 2005 Rendova 11.5’ Center console
* Retubed in 2014
* Garmin Chartplotter/depthfinder/fishfinder
* One year old West Marine sealed AGM battery
* 2016 30 HP Suzuki outboard with new fuel injectors and fuel lines
* New cushions
* New bimini top
* New steering wheel
* 800 lb crane on dinghy deck

18106-albums803-picture6503.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6504.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6505.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6517.jpg

(Now covered in indoor/outdoor fabric)

18106-albums803-picture6509.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6525.png

18106-albums803-picture6524.png

18106-albums803-picture6513.png

18106-albums803-picture6528.png

18106-albums803-picture6506.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6519.png

18106-albums803-picture6520.png

18106-albums803-picture6516.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6510.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6512.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6522.png

18106-albums803-picture6514.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6515.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6508.png

18106-albums803-picture6526.png

Last edited:
Do you have any overall pics of the galley/Salon? Can't get a good pic in my head how it is laid out. Also, overall pic of fly bridge, bow/anchor windlass, and swim step? Thanks.

Do you have any overall pics of the galley/Salon? Can't get a good pic in my head how it is laid out. Also, overall pic of fly bridge, bow/anchor windlass, and swim step? Thanks.

I'll take some. It'll be a few minutes. They won't be the most flattering because Tropical Storm Eta is dumping rain all over everything but I'll post those shortly and it will give you an idea.

I tried to do a panorama shot here to get it all in so some of the lines are slightly curved. The shot was taken from the stairs coming in from the aft deck, port stern corner of the salon/dining/galley area.
18106-albums803-picture6529.jpg

This was taken from the starboard forward corner of the galley, looking the opposite direction as the other photo.
18106-albums803-picture6530.jpg

Here are three photos showing an overall view of the bridge:
18106-albums803-picture6531.jpg

18106-albums803-picture6532.jpg

The cushions in the right corner are from the dinghy. We bring them inside so they aren't exposed to sun and rain.
18106-albums803-picture6533.jpg

Here is an overall shot of the anchor, pulpit, and windlass:
18106-albums803-picture6534.jpg

This is a shot of the swim platform, transom, and cockpit. It's blurry but it gives you the general idea. There is a tropical storm passing by right now so I'm not going back out to take a clearer photo. :)
18106-albums803-picture6535.jpg

Let me know if you have additional questions or would like to come see her.

John

Beautiful! We have the 48 Rivanna and love it. Nice heavy boats with quality build and equipment.

Jefferson for sale

Hi I'd like to talk to you about you vessel for sale. Cash buyer.
Lars Bergstrom
910 899 7941
Thanks

Damn man. Didn't you just buy this?? Sorry to hear. Good luck!

Damn nice boat.
I think I’ve read the above list a few times, but I also might have missed this. Does the boat have stabilizers and thrusters?

Damn nice boat.
I think I’ve read the above list a few times, but I also might have missed this. Does the boat have stabilizers and thrusters?

Thanks, Yachtman. Bow thruster but no stabilizer.

She has a lot to offer.
A few other photos would be helpful.
How about a better photo of the galley, and the same photo of the cockpit from the dock, not thast Eta has passed? How about a good photo of the heads and a few more pics of the engine room.
Thanks,

Thanks for the interest. I’ll see what I can do tomorrow about getting the photos you suggested. Wanderlust is currently under contract and goes to survey on the 7th but these things sometimes do fall apart.

Beautiful boat

...and very well equiped. Wish I were younger. I'm sure you'll find a buyer. Cheers, John

Wanderlust was under contract but the buyer backed out before the survey and without ever actually seeing the boat. His loss is your gain; Wanderlust is now available again. Kirk, I'll get those photos posted shortly.

Better photos of the cockpit and transom.
IMG_2538.jpgIMG_2537.jpgIMG_2539.jpgIMG_2540.jpgIMG_2541.jpg

Last edited:
Additional photos of the galley. Definitely a “two butt” galley. My wife and I cook together in here all the time without bumping into each other.
IMG_2520.jpgIMG_2523.jpgIMG_2526.jpgIMG_2521.jpgIMG_2522.jpgIMG_2524.jpgIMG_2525.jpg

Additional photos of the engine room. Well-lit! We once had three adult males in here without being crowded.
IMG_2527.jpgIMG_2530.jpgIMG_2534.jpgIMG_2528.jpgIMG_2529.jpgIMG_2532.jpgIMG_2535.jpgIMG_2533.jpgIMG_2531.jpgIMG_2536.jpg

A few photos of the heads. The TankWatch system works perfectly; the lights are out because we just had a pump out before the photos were taken.
IMG_2542.jpgIMG_2543.jpgIMG_2544.jpgIMG_2545.jpgIMG_2546.jpgIMG_2547.jpgIMG_2548.jpgIMG_2549.jpg

Thanks for the cockpit pics, John.
How do you access the starboard side of the cockpit? Looks difficult for line handling.
Can I also request a couple more pics of the galley for my wife. Please be sure to include a pic of the refrigerator.
She'd also like to see the heads and washer dryer and wants to know if the new sofa in the saloon converts to a diouble bed.
Thanks, Kirk
P.S. You weren't ancohred in San Carlos Pass in Estero, FL for Thanksgiving, were you? If not, it was a sister ship.

Thanks for the cockpit pics, John.
How do you access the starboard side of the cockpit? Looks difficult for line handling.
Can I also request a couple more pics of the galley for my wife. Please be sure to include a pic of the refrigerator.
She'd also like to see the heads and washer dryer and wants to know if the new sofa in the saloon converts to a diouble bed.
Thanks, Kirk
P.S. You weren't ancohred in San Carlos Pass in Estero, FL for Thanksgiving, were you? If not, it was a sister ship.

Hi Kirk,

Most of the time, we just stand on the swim platform and lean over the transom to fiddle with any lines on the starboard corner. When we untie, we lay the line and the fenders over the transom and leave them behind/under the stairs. Works fine. My wife is never shy about expressing an opinion if something is too difficult and she never complains about line or fender handling there.

There are a bunch of pictures of the galley, including the refrigerator, in post 21. The refrigerator works great and was installed in Trinidad by a previous owner. The opening for the refrigerator could easily take a larger model.

There are a number of photos of the two heads in post 23. What additional photo angles would you like?

The sofa in the salon does not convert to a bed so a child or small adult could sleep on it.

Photos of the washer and dryer will follow this post.

That wasn't us in Estero yesterday; we were out of town. Must have been a sister ship.

When would you like to come by and see Wanderlust? :D

John

There is more room in the starboard corner of the cockpit than it may have seemed.
IMG_2559.jpg

John,
Thanks for the additional pics.
Let me see if I can make time this weekend to come up and see your boat.
If I can, what works for you?
Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom