An Unusual Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to TF, I bet it will run on Vodka

Congratulations .
Looks like a LOT of potential after a LOT of work.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the comments. Still waiting for a weather window to move it to the city. Then I will be able to provide more info.

Yuzdieselmash, Ukraine ? Or simply Tokmak-diesel ?

Diesel K-962 (4Ch 10.5 / 13)

Spare parts diesel engine 4CН 10,5/13 (Yuzdieselmash, Tokmak-Ukraine USSR)

Yup, that’s the thing. Not quite in that state, though. After the advice you all have provided I’m going to keep it and just see what she needs in-situ. Ready for a rebuild if necessary. I plan to start the refit in the engine room. From what I was reading in another thread I am now concerned about the diesel tanks O_O

Will update soon as I plan to move her Wednesday if the weather holds. Interesting trivia, the Russian authorities remove all floating aids to navigation in mid-October. This should be an exciting two day transit :)

Thanks again!

Hey guys,

Will update soon as I plan to move her Wednesday if the weather holds. Interesting trivia, the Russian authorities remove all floating aids to navigation in mid-October. This should be an exciting two day transit :)

Thanks again!

If you have a good depth sounder, you should be okay. A good hand held GPS will assist you too.

The USCG used to pull the floating nav aid from the Great Lakes either now or in the very near future. They would put the floating nav aids back in sometime in April.

Back
Top Bottom