View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 06:20 PM   #4
firehoser75
Guru

City: Nanaimo
Vessel Name: former owner of "Pilitak"
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
There can be a large difference in price, for the same approx. size boat varying greatly from brand to brand. Some brands, like GrandBanks have built up a great reputation amongst not only owners, but the boating community in general, and not only cost more new, but hold resale value (on average) more than some others as well. That has to say something about the market.

This does not, by itself, mean that you should buy the GB. Depending on many factors (many of which we don't know about you and your situation), you might find a better overall value in the Bene, and get just as much enjoyment out of it.
This is why they make so many different makes and models. It is about personal choice. Personally, I would not own another Volvo if I had a good choice. However, not all Volvos are bad and I would not automatically rule out a great boat just because of the Volvo, but in my opinion, the risk of some sort of issues is higher than with Cummins. (eg. parts prices and availability and ...)
The GB Europa 43 is a great boat, but is it right for you? Only you can answer that.