Morning from BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Morning ladies and gents,

My name's Greg, saying hi by way of BC.

I see a lot of craziness going on down in the US. Prayers with your country that everything stabilizes soon!

Welcome Aboard.

Look forward to the borders opening and we can enjoy each others cruising areas. :thumb:

Cheers,

Greg, Welcome aboard the forum.

Ang, Amen to that. We hope you two are keeping safe and well. Say hi to Sandra for us.
Tom and Terry

Since it has become politicized, just like real politics, we cannot discuss even the virus here except in the blandest of terms.

Welcome aboard, Greg. While I can't wait to come north once again, we have to get our collective act together before that'll be a wise move.

Anson, let's hope that is sooner rather than later for both countries! Unfortunately, we here in Canada, are showing signs of the strong possibility of a large increase in cases. I hope we can get that under control very soon.

From what I read now the virus situation is not good in BC either.
But I don’t think the latest spike in virus is on the big island ... yet.
But soon we may be par in virus and before that we may have an opening.
The probable fact that re-opening the BC/Wa border in the winter is (should be) much more desirable.
Far less problematic than in the summer. Open the border in late June would see a huge influx of people crossing the border.

However as I recall it’s not an option to open BC. I think it’s all or nothing .. the whole Canadian border. But still a winter opening would be much more likely. IMO

Last edited:
I hope we get our sh*t together so we can go to the north channel next summer. Time will tell. It is really bad here now, breaking records of infections most every day now.

Since it has become politicized, just like real politics, we cannot discuss even the virus here except in the blandest of terms.

It is indeed too bad that a national health crisis has become politicized because it shouldn’t be.

Down here in the States, many of us admire the way Canada has handled the virus.

All the best,
Mrs. Trombley

Not trying to turn this into a Covid thread, but.....
Yes, here in Canada we started off well, but the "2nd wave" has not started off well, and if we don't get our s_it together, we might find it really takes off. From the news, the officials are blaming small social gatherings for the spikes (family dinners, friends, small house parties, weddings, etc.). It also sounds like our senior's housing facilities are experiencing problems again.
It could be a long winter, but hope not.

Canada has done a better job so far and I hope you are able to continue that way. Here my MIL is in a home and has been pretty much locked in her room for months and months now but that is what it takes to keep her healthy.

Canada has done a better job so far and I hope you are able to continue that way. Here my MIL is in a home and has been pretty much locked in her room for months and months now but that is what it takes to keep her healthy.

Dave, we were in a similar situation with my MIL. We would visit her by sitting outside her window and writing notes to each other.

Then we found that if she's under Hospice care we can visit her in her room. It's known as "end of life care" and the visitation rules are relaxed. Might be worth checking in to.

Back
Top Bottom