california cruising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

offshoreskiff

Hello everyone, I am running a 16' Radon in southern California. Love cruising all our local islands and spending nights on the hook. Hope to get a stepup boat eventually and love how the trawlers look.

Welcome to TF. Try to maintain the dream, it's worth it.

Hi Offshore, I always see lots of Radon’s at the Islands. Cool boats. It’s impressive how far out you guys take them. A hard charging group of fisherman and divers.

I was recently anchored at an offshore Island and 3 young guys in a 20 ft Radon pulled up with a full fish bag, rods, and smiles on their faces. They dropped the hook, had a couple beers, broke out the sleeping bags on deck, then back at it the next morning. I enjoy the comfort of a Trawler, but I also miss those days of hanging with some buddies on a small boat. Every day on the water is a gift, no matter what the vessel is.

I was recently anchored at an offshore Island and 3 young guys in a 20 ft Radon pulled up with a full fish bag, rods, and smiles on their faces. They dropped the hook, had a couple beers, broke out the sleeping bags on deck, then back at it the next morning. I enjoy the comfort of a Trawler, but I also miss those days of hanging with some buddies on a small boat. Every day on the water is a gift, no matter what the vessel is.

Gosh, I remember heading out with 8 guys on my buddies 34 sport fish for a diving trip on Memorial Day. It rained, so everybody slept in the cabin. A bit too much togetherness with 8 divers, no shower, multiple dives in a damp dry suit.

On another trip, we wiped out a shaft many miles from home. Pulled the shaft out while still in the water and took it to a local machine shop to get straightened as it could be. All the fwd cabin soles were underwater by the time we got it in and out, everything was damp and we still slept in the boat.

We had a great time, but I don’t think I’d enjoy as much today! I rather enjoy my more delicate nature these days.

We had a great time, but I don’t think I’d enjoy as much today! I rather enjoy my more delicate nature these days.

Yeah, there's enjoying roughing it, and not roughing it, and not roughing it is better... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom