Pilot 30 (original not 30II) fridge $ stovetop replacement feasibilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Galene
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship Pilot 30 II (hull#112) since Nov.2020
I am not an owner yet but looking at a 2002 Pilot 30. Is it feasible to remove and replace the refrigerator and the 2-burner electric stovetop on the early Pilot 30’s with the same models? Has anyone performed either of these? If so, would it be difficult to locate a source for the identical new unit to install ? I have not been able to look closely at how these were originally installed at the factory but both items look pretty worn now.

Appreciate your advice especially if from personal experience doing either.

Thanks,
Rob

I replaced a MS30 Pilot 2 burner electric with propane. The electric cooktop has a junction box below that is an easy disconnect. You need to gently pry the burner off the countertop as it has sealant.

I still have the electric cooktop and you can have it for shipping costs from CT. PM me if interested.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers

Will

I have a pilot 30. I haven’ looked but it should be quite simple. See above.

I replaced a MS30 Pilot 2 burner electric with propane. The electric cooktop has a junction box below that is an easy disconnect. You need to gently pry the burner off the countertop as it has sealant.

I still have the electric cooktop and you can have it for shipping costs from CT. PM me if interested.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers

Will

Sorry hijack here...

I have a Pilot 30 and no generator.

What brand of stove top did you use? Did you also put a propane refrigerator in as well? What about a propane locker?

Thanks...

It was a Seaward Princes. I purchased at Defender. It was the exact same size as the Seaward Electric that was OEM. I am not sure if it is still manufactured.

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom