IHNC (Industrial Canal) Lock closing for repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are any of the locals heading to Madisonville for the Wooden Boat Festival? The weather is glorious. I'm thinking of bringing Scot Free on Thursday although my deckhand just begged out. I'm sure I can find another.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Just talked with the Lockmaster, Locks WILL NOT be repaired and reopened as planned for end of Nov, they are saying sometime mid Dec.

Yeah, the big surprise would have been to be done on schedule!

I called the lockmaster's number a while ago, the lady who answered the phone said the lock is not operational now, when I asked if they had any idea when it would be she said "No because we are waiting on a part."

We can probably blame this delay on me and my bad luck....

The deal fell apart on the boat that I figured about this time I'd be bringing back to Texas from East of the lock... Guess the "Lock Gods" are delaying completion of the work in hopes to catch me on the next boat!:banghead:

This roller coaster ride is getting to be frustrating!:surrender:

Thanks Steve !!! Hope it is fixed by March.

I called the Lock Wall this morning and was told they are open!

Thanks Steve<<<< Now reading the Waterway Guide Nav Alerts this morning there are more repairs and closing going on in the Industrial Canal. Rigolets floodgate testing, Seabrook bridge closure and Judge Seeber bridge repair.
Merry CHRISTMAS ALL !!!!!!!

SEABROOK R/R bridge still closed !!!!! Must go through Chef Pass or Rigolets to get into lake.

New Orleans IHNC Locks Closure

Does anyone know the current status of the IHNC Locks?
Corp of Engineers website shows closed till 11-4-2020

Back
Top Bottom