Updated the Miss Dot Dee Website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sailormike

Vessel Name
Miss Dot Dee
Vessel Make
1980 29' Prairie Trawler
Hey fellow Prairians I finally have had a chance to build a new website for the Miss Dot Dee. The old one was not mobile friendly and was built years ago. I have added some new pictures and updated everything I think. My Projects this year started off with a simple battery swap has turned into now 11 pages of excel spreadsheets of things. Some of it was much needed other was just upgrades. Hope all is well in trawler land.

https://missdotdee.net/

Attachments

• 2020-08-02 15.51.33.jpg
    2020-08-02 15.51.33.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 2020-08-17 18.40.07.jpg
    2020-08-17 18.40.07.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2020-05-02 09.47.08.jpg
    2020-05-02 09.47.08.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 25
  • 2020-06-03 16.17.50.jpg
    2020-06-03 16.17.50.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2020-05-03 18.16.17.jpg
    2020-05-03 18.16.17.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2020-05-16 10.27.15.jpg
    2020-05-16 10.27.15.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 25
Mike!
Wonderful news!
I look forward to looking all over your new site.

You have taken such great care and upgraded your boat so well....a good model for anyone with a Prairie 29 :)

Tim

Looking at the many and good pictures on your site and reading your logs....I discovered you had a hardtop on your upper helm!

I have been considering this as my bimini wears out.

What did you use?
I have heard it might make the boat top heavy....how have you found this?
Anything you might change on the hard top?

I LOVE what you have done to her....she is perhaps the best kept Prairie 29 around!

Tim

Looking at the many and good pictures on your site and reading your logs....I discovered you had a hardtop on your upper helm!

What did you use?

I LOVE what you have done to her....she is perhaps the best kept Prairie 29 around!

Tim

Thanks for the complement! we love our Prairie

as for the hardtop yes it is adds weight and boat even with bimini is a little top heavy and wind age is high we stay on inside in icw most of the time and rarely have an issue unless captain a-hole comes flying by waking the heck out of us but in that situation i will slow up and turn into it and try to take head on. If it is super windy or rough we just stay at the dock. There really isn't anything I can think of that I would change off the top of my head. Our hardtop is super thin about 3/4 of an inch thick i think. It really improves the livability of the boat year round. as you see once your on the boat you stay dry if its raining. I love doing zoom meetings up on the bridge in my captains chair. That one lamp is more than enough light at night.

What did you use?

Tim

Tim next summer i wanna make the trip up to new bern and oriental esp if covid is better and things are back opened up

Mike;
That is a nice trip up here and explore the area and maybe go to Cape Lookout!

Let me know and we can have a drink.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom