Libation Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmarsh203

Vessel Name
Chapter II
Vessel Make
1972 42 foot Alloy Mfg
In the process of a full gut job on my boat and was looking for some bar ideas for inside my boat. Definitly don’t have room for a large walk behind full bar as much as I would like one but a smaller bar should be able to fit fairly easily. Would love to see pics of everyone’s boat bar. Also do most people leave there alcohol in the regular bottle or do they use decanters.

I have one on my boat. It's called the galley. Other than a place to store glasses and bottles, I couldn't justify the loss of space. Now if you're talking about a bar on the upper deck with refrigerator, storage, sink and a counter, I guess I can see it.

Ted

We use cheap Waterford or Swarovski crystal decanters for the rotgut we serve guests and save the the Baccarat for our good stuff. Doesn’t everyone?

Maybe some of the Grand Banks folks could post pics of their bar cabinets. One of the many things GB got right.

I'll upload photos of ours this evening- think you'll like it :)

I keep the coconut water and vegetable juice in the fridge. Dedicated cabinet for coffees and teas...... No stools.

Liquor on my boat lives in a galley cabinet opposite the fridge. I do have a bar top (factory) with a pair of stools though.

Liquor on my boat lives in a galley cabinet opposite the fridge. I do have a bar top (factory) with a pair of stools though.

We did (pair of stools). After a particularly nasty broach coming through Fort Pierce inlet they now reside in my home theater! :D

Attachments

• P1000083.jpg
    P1000083.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The cabinet under the helm seat rolls out. The whole thing was set up from when the boat was new, with a piece of plywood a few inches below the top of the opening, holed appropriately to support an ice bucket and several other round objects.
One of the first mods I made on buying the boat was to install a red, multi drawer tool chest in the space. Perfect fit! Now my tool chest rolls out when needed and is out of sight the rest of the time.
Never regretted that conversion of space.

The cabinet under the helm seat rolls out. The whole thing was set up from when the boat was new, with a piece of plywood a few inches below the top of the opening, holed appropriately to support an ice bucket and several other round objects.
One of the first mods I made on buying the boat was to install a red, multi drawer tool chest in the space. Perfect fit! Now my tool chest rolls out when needed and is out of sight the rest of the time.
Never regretted that conversion of space.

Very Presbyterian as we say in Ireland! :D

We did (pair of stools). After a particularly nasty broach coming through Fort Pierce inlet they now reside in my home theater! :D

My stools are heavily ballasted. I can confirm it takes easily a 20 degree roll to tip them. I've seen it maybe twice in a whole lifetime of knowing this boat.

My stools are heavily ballasted. I can confirm it takes easily a 20 degree roll to tip them. I've seen it maybe twice in a whole lifetime of knowing this boat.

The additional reason was we never used them! Now we have a small chest freezer in that corner for long trips and the table pushed horizontally under that bar to give us more room in the salon until we need it.

This is our bar- it’s a 5 head pump (whiskey, vodka, tequila, gin, and rum). The bottles are stored in the center cabinet, ice is to the right, and wine/mixers are on the left.

Keeps things nice and tidy, yet accessible- and no large bottles to handle!

Attachments

• 1ACEFA5A-59FA-4E64-B4BD-BF94EC48898D.jpg
    1ACEFA5A-59FA-4E64-B4BD-BF94EC48898D.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 6A7D4E35-D42E-43F4-8268-C73F7F27D521.jpg
    6A7D4E35-D42E-43F4-8268-C73F7F27D521.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 5DCBB65E-5AB1-4E0A-BD15-7D4856A463E1.jpg
    5DCBB65E-5AB1-4E0A-BD15-7D4856A463E1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 34
The bar is always open

Attachments

• 0031BF28-A7C6-414B-B63F-E26BE03BF632.jpg
    0031BF28-A7C6-414B-B63F-E26BE03BF632.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 34
The liquor stores in the individual compartments - all the glass wear is plastic. Never had a break.

Really like the bar in the gb42, seems like they really nicked that design out of the park

Back
Top Bottom