View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
rsn48
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
I just finished a massive refit on my 1969 28 foot sedan cruiser. With the money I spent, I could easily have afforded 4 new Tesla's with money left over. So I didn't want to do a restore job but a renovation instead, so new electronics, electrical and supporting cast, new thruster, and on and on.

When my refit guy asked if I wanted to install a microwave I said no, I barely use the one at home. But I found while living on boat for one week spurts, taking the time to learn systems and break in the new motor, my desire to use a microwave went up. So I bought just about the cheapest 700 watt (uses 1050 watts, it takes power to make power) .7 cubic inch microwave, all plastic (won't rust) jobbie I could find. Master Chef from Canadian Tire for my Canadian friends.

I also ended up purchasing a cheap, low watts, not smart tv but one with an integrated DVD player. The tv is only 28 inches, is very light, I can store it between coats and stuff hanging in one of two lockers and the coats acts as shock absorbers during choppier trips.

I'm now considering a WIFI extender to improve the signal in my marina which isn't that great and dies during certain high usage times during the day.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote