View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
Catbird
Veteran Member

City: Chesapeake Region
Peggie - Here's the situation:

The vent line run is about 10' max.

The boat is a Mainship Mark I. The PO replaced the Sealand with a Jabsco toilet emptying into a 25-gal tank mounted on the boats centerline under the floor between the galley space and the head compartment. The OEM head compartment is a fiberglass liner.

The vent line is clear 5/8 hose used for hot water lines. The tank is not fully venting and the problem is strong odor immediately after flushing solids. Pumpouts only get about 1/2 the tank contents.

The thru-hull is a fuel-tank type vent with a 90 deg elbow. The vent itself seems to be clear. One of the vent screens is gone. I can push a plastic wire tie into the open side about 4-5" before it hits an obstacle.

At the bottom of the space between the hull and the liner both the discharge and the vent hoses pass through a wood wedge/spacer drilled out with holes just large enough for each of the lines to pass through. The spacer is well beyond reach.

I don't see anyway to thread a hose through the spacer opening from the top side -- it's way out of reach. So I'm looking to pull the hose through as I remove the old hose.

I don't think I can install a new vent thru-hull until the boat is hauled - I haul in March. Even then, the access to route the hose will still be an issue. I want to workaround the issue now, pending doing the whole system at some future point.
Catbird is offline   Reply With Quote