Gforce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gforce

Vessel Name
Afterglow
Vessel Make
Hershine 37
Hi Everyone,
I just bought a 36.5-37? Hershine with a Ford Lehman Super 135. Although the price was great @ $5000 US dollars, the block has a rod sticking out the front port side of the block, Ouch! I'll figure that out downstream a bit, My largest concern at the moment is the leaky windows, Does anyone know the "secret" to these windows? I am hoping to avoid removing the teak frames if not necessary. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome aboard. Too bad about the engine but American Diesel is the guru on them. The window leaks are different on most boats. No easy way to fix them, just have to take them apart and see what is causing the leaks. If it were my boat, I would replace them with some quality aluminum windows and be done with leaks.

Yes, I suppose I will take one window apart to investigate, I did notice the previous owner had sealed the teak around some of them and I have a feeling that they are meant to drain through. Regarding thyme engine, I did contact American Diesel, he's a nice guy, The bottom line is I need to hunt down a rebuildable engine block or good running engine.

By the way, I was talking with a friend of mine today and he's got a boat just like yours!

Yes, I suppose I will take one window apart to investigate, I did notice the previous owner had sealed the teak around some of them and I have a feeling that they are meant to drain through. Regarding thyme engine, I did contact American Diesel, he's a nice guy, The bottom line is I need to hunt down a rebuildable engine block or good running engine.

Water will find a way to drain out one way or another. You want it to go out the way the window was designed for it to drain. Sometimes the PO don’t do things right...

Back
Top Bottom