Intro - xSailer moving to power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdSail

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Momentito
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 Pilot Hardtop
Hi all,

Based near Annapolis, just purchased a 2007 Mainship Pilot HT with a single 370 - looking forward to hearing your stories and learning from you all, and maybe sharing thoughts when I have them. Thanks Ed

Welcome aboard! Many of us have made that move. Nice boat you bought.

David

Hi all,

Based near Annapolis, just purchased a 2007 Mainship Pilot HT with a single 370 - looking forward to hearing your stories and learning from you all, and maybe sharing thoughts when I have them. Thanks Ed

Wifey B: About time you wised up. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Annapolis is a beautiful area for sailing but we're glad to have you here and you'll find many others who have made the change. I think you'll also find many happy Mainship owners here as well. :D

Ed
Welcone aboard TF from one of those happy MS owners.

Welcome to Trawler Forum. We made the jump about eight years ago.

The move to the dark side is a fulfilling one, welcome aboard!
Dont forget to load up some pics of the new girl!

Cheers

Thanks all for the warm welcome - so far we are really enjoying the new world.

Congrats Ed on your move from sailing to the ‘other‘ side and your purchase of a MS Pilot 34. I’ve just ‘walked the plank’ as well after 42 years sailing. My wife and I noticed a 2002 MS Pilot 30 leaving our dock one day and we’re immediately smitten and have been looking for a MS Pilot 34 since August that would fit our budget but have determined that isn’t probable. We are now searching for
a Pilot 30-II as we like the newer interior layout -vs- the original 30’s. We did a sea trial in some offshore seas on a 2002 Pilot 30 and were convinced they can handle what we’ll find on the Chesapeake Bay.

I’m a member of the soon to be defunct a Mainship Group forums as well and imho there is no comparison to the knowledge found in this TF group. We’ve also looked at several Monk 36’s, Marine Trader 34, and a Mainship 34 and 350. We still came back to the Pilots as the best fit for our current boating needs for us and our family.

So if you come across any available Pilot 30-II’s in the Annapolis area, or current owners planning to sell please contact me.

Thanks and again welcome aboard.

Rob Waltenbaugh

Another Bay boater! Made the trek from Worton Creek to Kent Island today. 27nm straight into 20 gusting 22 and waves 4-6 feet. 3-1/2 hours.

Our last boat was a Catalina 42. Sailing we'd still be out there cold and wet. Motoring we would have done it in 5, and also be cold and wet. And down below would be a disaster area.

Did that for 50+ years and thousands and thousands of miles. Got too old for that.

In the Hatt today my coffee mug never moved. OK, I had to use the wipers, the fat bow throws a lot of water. And she did buck a little. But I was quite comfortable in my helm chair.

Attachments

• IMG_8408.jpg
    IMG_8408.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom