Californian 38 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brbdwire

Vessel Name
Casa del Agua
Vessel Make
Californian 38 Sedan
I am new to the Forum and new to a Californian 38 Sedan. I’m confused on which Bennett trim tab actuators it has. One was frozen during the survey and the boat is back in the water with no way of having it checked. There appears to be four rings on the cylinder with the hidden hydrologic line in the top of the actuator. Bennett offers an 11 3/4” and a 13 3/4” actuator. (Non electric). I’m thinking of buying two of each size then returning the ones that don’t fit. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Given Bennet a call. Their support is legendary. They can give you the dimensions of each as well as other identifying information, and can probably also give you some debugging steps to take.

Then, just go down with a snorkel mask and measure. They are just beneath the water line, likely just under the swim step. Easy to get to, at least for measuring purposes.

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat. Californians are a nice boat.

Thanks for the advice. I have no access to the boat until it goes to the boat yard for paint. Guess I will order both sizes and return the ones that don't fit. Happy Cruising!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom