Old 09-26-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
ranger58sb
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
But, and it's a big but, each flush opens a 4" hole straight into the self-contained holding tank, allowing a big ol' whiff of stink to come out, which is doubly pungent in warm weather &/or when it's been a few days without a pumpout. It's not the most pleasant thing to have an invisible cloud of gas lingering in the head & galley area which is adjacent to the head in our boat. When it's just my wife and me onboard it's one thing but when we're entertaining ,it's downright embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
But, and it's a big but, each flush opens a 4" hole straight into the self-contained holding tank, allowing a big ol' whiff of stink to come out, which is doubly pungent in warm weather &/or when it's been a few days without a pumpout.

An easy problem to solve: replace the vent thru-hull with an open bulkhead thru-hull that permits the air exchange needed to prevent odor in the tank and switch to a tank product that actually works. NoFlex Digestor is the one I recommend.

We always used Peggie's KO back when we had our Mainship with the Traveler head...

We had no particular odor to worry about. And that's without any messing about with the vent.

-Chris