Frigonautica refrigerator recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrewc

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Present 46
Looking to replace my refrigerator on my old Albin. The largest I can squeeze into the cabinet is about 5.5 cu ft. The only one I can find in that size is a Frigonautic that Defender sells. Anyone ever used this brand? I can't seem to find any reviews online. Thanks!

Look into Indel. I am changing out a Norcold that is louder then my Cummins.

Maybe a 120 volt unit with an inverter. OC Diver put in a household refer and wrote a thread on it. You might look at it and see if it might work for you. Probably way cheaper too.

Looking to replace my refrigerator on my old Albin. The largest I can squeeze into the cabinet is about 5.5 cu ft. The only one I can find in that size is a Frigonautic that Defender sells. Anyone ever used this brand? I can't seem to find any reviews online. Thanks!

When I changed mine out, I took the old Norcold to Fredy Freezer in North Vancouver. He pulled the old AC/DC compressor out (noisier than my genset, not as noisy as my main engines) and put in a Danfoss DC only unit. That was over 20 years ago and I haven't looked back. The old case has needed refreshing a few times, but is still going strong and still fits the spot perfectly.
Look for a good Fridge guy.

I second the Danfoss DC only unit. Did the same thing to the fridge on my GB36. Works fantastic, quiet as a mouse, and honestly the battery drain is very modest. We can sit on anchor up to 4 days w/o worrying about dead house batteries (4 6V T105s).

Thanks so much for the info/recommendations! Looks like I have another avenue to explore!

Back
Top Bottom