introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack-113

Veteran Member
Hello, my name is Jack and I come from the Netherlands.
I requested for a membership because I hoped that somebody from this forum could help me out about a boat that I am working on since a couple of mounths now. I think it is a former US-navy boat but am not sure.
Looking forward to the responce! and also, perhaps I can help someone to.
I used to live in Victoria (can), thats also why I like to keep touch with an international network.

Welcome aboard. Tell us more about the boat, or post some pictures. I have an ex US navy boat, as do a few others here.

Welcome aboard. Of course we will need photos, and lots of them is preferable.

Hello, I am not sure if this is the way to reply, but here are some pictures

Attachments

• 3BA6D06E-D1B8-4A96-9198-58ECFAD716EE.jpg
    3BA6D06E-D1B8-4A96-9198-58ECFAD716EE.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 24BD386E-78A6-4DC6-A4E8-9330B33142FC.jpg
    24BD386E-78A6-4DC6-A4E8-9330B33142FC.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 35
Welcome aboard! Very nice boat.

Welcome great boat!

Welcome! I've seen similar boats in my navy days but didn't have the pleasure of being on one that looked that nice. Does it have a wood hull?

What kind of help do you need? (I recommend starting a separate thread - or threads - in the appropriate subforums with your help topics.) The experience you need should be here.

Greg.

Hey Hello Greg, it has a steel hull, rivetted, I am looking for drawinjgs to identify the ship

QUOTE=GregBrannon;926536]Welcome! I've seen similar boats in my navy days but didn't have the pleasure of being on one that looked that nice. Does it have a wood hull?

What kind of help do you need? (I recommend starting a separate thread - or threads - in the appropriate subforums with your help topics.) The experience you need should be here.

Greg.[/QUOTE]

It looks like what Willard built for the USN known as the captain’s gig or admiral barge. Black sides and silver star (s) on bow denoted rank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom