View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #18
PJHoffnet

City: Merritt Island, FL
Vessel Name: Changes in L'Attitudes
Vessel Model: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCA (not a trawler)
Plenty of FB groups (Family, Neighborhood, Boating), and Twitter from 'real/trusted' news source, verified sports commentators, the National Weather Service, the National Hurricane Center, and the county Emergency Management Office.

Most of social media is trash, but I think one thought (sorry, I forgot where I read it) pretty much sums it up for me.
- - - - -
If you complain about posts on social media because they bother you, you're probably the kind of person who complains about stepping in dog $hit when you could have just as easily walked around it.
- - - - -
I can scroll through a FB group at warp speed, because I simply don't read stuff that I can tell 'stinks' after a few word - or by seeing the person who posted it. My Twitter feed only has the stuff I want to read in it.

Social media is full of all the garbage people feel inside themselves - and this is true of all people of all ages through time - it's just now people can hide behind their screens and spew $hit with minimal consequences, so that garbage is now in full view.
Merritt Island, FL